[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23 about to be 24 making $19/hour at a warehouse. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1475331397271.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1475331397271.png
37KB, 658x662px
I'm 23 about to be 24 making $19/hour at a warehouse. I only have a GED and 90% of my income is tied into living expenses because I don't have parents that spoil me.

How do I turn things around? Should I get my CDL and become a trucker dropping 99% of my expenses and investing for 10-20 years, or get an Accounting degree where I do next to nothing in an office for 8 hours a day 5 days a week while taking home a comfortable paycheck?

Sometimes I wish I was born into one of these rich Muslim Paki families around here where your parents give you every thing in life, including a qt wife.
>>
>>1815216
I'm 21 unemployed

you're already making it in my eyes
>>
>>1815222
I work 5-6 12 hour shifts a week because the place is always underemployed and mandatory overtime. I'm bringing in big paychecks for a no skill wagecuck but I have no life what so ever. My days off are spent sleeping. I barely have the energy to do laundry or run to the grocery store. My apartment is a gross mess. I have zero friends besides the people at work that I bullshit with but I don't even have their number or talk to them outside work. I'm still a virgin while people younger than me are off to college and having relationships and traveling and being normal human beings. This fucking sucks. Back to work tomorrow. Mandatory over time Monday and Tuesday. Won't get another day off until next Friday. Thinking of just docking a few points and only working half a shift Monday and Tuesday so I can evaluate my life and consider whether suicide is worth it. I have a few thousand in savings. Thinking of just packing up and moving to a big city. Find a room for rent on Craigslist and try to get a normal job with normal roommates that would motivate me and be my first friends I've had since I dropped out of high school at 16.
>>
>>1815216
>>1815234
join the navy
>>
>>1815234
Your life is a significant improvement from mine, I want to become like you as my next step.
>>
>>1815250
Meme answer but I have tried 3 years in a row applying to all branches. I have a GED. The acceptance rate is like 20% with a high school diploma. With a GED it's damn near 0%.
>>
I'm 22 and doing an apprenticeship for some basic office stuff (freight forwarder).

A lot of people here have a big mouth about how they make 70k+ a year. For some its maybe true but a lot basically lying.

I don't know the terms you use in your post but you should find out if you have the chance on a promotion and talk about your manager with it.
Offer him to educate yourself and show interest.
If there is no chance on promotion you should look for a new job.

For now to have more money on your bank you should try to cut down all unnecessary expenditure. Start to write down EVERYTHING going out of your bank for like a month or too and look where you can spend less. Do it again and you will see you get better at saving money.
>>
>>1815257
then get enough college credits to go? you've been applying for 3 years but never sought to address why they are rejecting you?
>>
>>1815260
I've been searching for a new job but nothing around here is as competitive. All other factories and warehouses pay $10-14/hour. Retail is even worse. Everything else requires a college degree. I'm pretty much at the best place around here in terms of wages, but the place is fucking terrible. It's run by college graduates with no experience in anything. Every 2 months they're changing policies and rules probably because they read some blog or news story. They don't ever want to hire people because they're too lazy to do paper work and enjoy their 4 hour lunch breaks. It's a fucking nightmare in the front office. We lost 14 people last month, and only brought in 3. Been like this since I've been here going on almost 3 years. They always say it'll get better. They bring in temps that are mostly felons and drug addicts that don't last longer than 2 weeks, and they aren't even allowed to do much of anything besides stand around and clean because muh safety and liability.

I have been treated well though. They told me it takes about a year of training to get to the position I'm at now, but it only took me 3 months. So I moved up the pay scale rapidly, but there's no position above this that doesn't require a degree, which I don't understand. Why not hire somebody that's been here for years to be supervisors, safety coordinators, etc. They know how shit works. Instead, they hire some liberal arts major that walks around with a smile and thumbs up not knowing what the fuck is going on, takes his fancy 4 hour lunch breaks, then goes hoe to his fat pig wife all happy and joyful "working" 8 hours a day making twice as much as us working 72 hours a week.

This one manager was talking shit about an employee because he missed a few days due to his wife's miscarriage, calling her a drug addict because it was her second this year. I was about to stab that fat mother fucker. I can't stand these people.
>>
>>1815216
Seems like your only way to get out of this is to start your own business.
>>
>>1815275
I see it can be frustrating.
For now you should continue, maybe work less hard for not stressing yourself out to much.

If you have any chance to get some new kinds of educations you should check if you can attend. It will take some time but I'm sure if you learn new stuff it will help to get into a better position or a new job. If you do really good and show interested in further education they surely give you a chance in a few years. However you should go to the responsible person and talk about it every 2-3 month.
If the manager have real interest in success he will see that someone who knows how things are getting done in the company is better than someone who comes fresh out of college with no experience.

Most people start earning good money between 35-50 so we still have some time to find our profession.
>>
>>1815341
yea sounds totally responsible
>>
File: 1486589890070.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486589890070.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>1815275

Dang shniggie u work at ULine or something? Sound horrible...go back to school if u can bro its legit ur best option hands down by any stretch long-term, hard as it may be now,get loans to cover living expenses a/o live on/near campus and get that stuff done, anything else is slavery...God bless...
>>
>>1815257
>GED
>no college credits
>leaving for Air Force BMT in a few days
give it a shot anon
>>
>>1815216
>learn how to code in your free time
>become a programmer or software developer
>make $74,000 easily a year
>get laid
>live happily ever after
>>
>>1815216
>Hook-nosed mono-browed poo-goblin
>qt wife
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.