[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

as someone who holds zero crypto, should I buy BTC now or wait

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1485627378742.png (335KB, 439x525px)
1485627378742.png
335KB, 439x525px
as someone who holds zero crypto, should I buy BTC now or wait until after the ETF deal?
>>
ETF = moon

With the recent news of the SEC meeting with the Winklebros, chances of approval are extremely high.
>>
>>1814862
Really because every other outlet says the chances are extremely low. Any reason for that?
>>
>>1814865
The SEC meeting happened a week ago but the news just came out yesterday.

https://www.sec.gov/comments/sr-batsbzx-2016-30/batsbzx201630-1593495-132335.pdf

7 members of the SEC's Division of Trading and Markets participated in the meeting. The link here describes what that division does and is responsible for within the SEC.

https://www.sec.gov/about/whatwedo.shtml#marketreg

Reviewing (and in some cases approving, under authority delegated from the Commission) proposed new rules and proposed changes to existing rules filed by the SROs;
Assisting the Commission in establishing rules and issuing interpretations on matters affecting the operation of the securities markets;
9 people also participated from the Division of Corporate Finance. Here's what this division does:

https://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/cfabout.shtml

The Division also provides interpretive assistance to companies with respect to SEC rules and forms and makes recommendations to the Commission regarding new rules and revisions to existing rules.

The staff may issue comments to a company to elicit better compliance with applicable disclosure requirements. In response to those comments, a company may revise its financial statements or amend its disclosure to provide additional or enhanced information
Sounds to me like they either discussed approval and the path forward with COIN going live, or they had some final feedback for the Winks that they wanted to see addressed with one last amendment. It's been 9 days since the meeting and there haven't been any amendments so my money is on approval.
>>
File: disappointed.png (108KB, 400x381px)
disappointed.png
108KB, 400x381px
What's the point of bitcoin ETF? It's not like they are diversified if it holds 100% bitcoin so why the fuck would I pay their fee? Sounds like pure garbage for speculators to have a way of shorting, long term investors can just buy raw.
>>
>>1814879
Good luck buying BTC with your 401k.
>>
>>1814881
>putting your pension savings into intermediate funny money for criminals
>>
>>1814891
They'll have to take that up with the hedge fund managers.
>>
File: rosster.jpg (57KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
rosster.jpg
57KB, 620x413px
When the markets crash (and they will crash) no one is going to want to touch an ETF with a ten foot poll.

Run for the hills because decades of shit talking is about to come home to roost.
>>
>>1814879
major financial institutions are regulated and cannot buy BTC directly, let alone hedge and mutual funds. This is a vehicle for institutional investors to get exposure they are legally prevented from having currently
>>
https://www.sec.gov/comments/sr-batsbzx-2016-30/batsbzx201630-1594698-132357.pdf

Just released.
>>
>>1814964

So don't buy then?
>>
>>1815010
Do you like losing?
>>
Prepare for both outcomes. Buy some bitcoin now and keep some money back in case the prices drops.
>>
>>1814964
The entire nature of the market is going to change after institutional investors enter the game.
>>
File: Hillary_Loser.jpg (453KB, 1349x1349px) Image search: [Google]
Hillary_Loser.jpg
453KB, 1349x1349px
>>1814862
I hold a substantial amount of bitcoin, but I think the ETF will be declined.

For starters the Winklevoss brothers are white, straight, handsome, wealthy, and in excellent shape. Everything Jews hate.

The SEC is a government agency and you can bet there's plenty of rat-nosed kikes crawling around their halls

If the ETF owner had been an obese black woman then you could guarantee approval

Either way it's going to affect bitcoins price long term, which is thousands
>>
>>1815058
It's not*
>>
>>1815058
what a solid analysis, you have totally changed my mind
>>
File: pizzapass.png (2MB, 1763x1764px) Image search: [Google]
pizzapass.png
2MB, 1763x1764px
>>1815058
Speaking of Clinton....

Stan Stalnaker to John Podesta

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/15589

" As we discussed, Bitcoin is being used on the Republican side and could be
a useful tool, but we think Ven is a better choice for your campaign due to
its environmental benefits, identity metrics and closed loop status. The
FEC has indicated that digital currencies are acceptable for donations in
campaigns.
"

Translation: The BTC Pump by the "Chinese" was democratically establishment pumping buying off the alt left NOOBS.

You better get on the RIGHT side of this when they start rooting them all out.

BTC is in for a sharp sharp decline.

This is not investment bias it is a cold hard fact.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.