[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /biz/ I'm new to stock market and have $6000 in my bank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: salary-man-train1.jpg (78KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
salary-man-train1.jpg
78KB, 375x500px
Hi, /biz/
I'm new to stock market and have $6000 in my bank account, Should I invest to AMD or something else?
>>
>>1813539
Index fund.
>>
File: 10032 smug.png (509KB, 683x720px) Image search: [Google]
10032 smug.png
509KB, 683x720px
>>1813614
Ironic how people say this, I bet most of the people can't even formulate a reason why index funds always >trends upwards apart from quoting other people and looking at an index.

Fyi, loser companies are always replaced on any indicies as it represents the largest X companies for your country/market whatever.

I use to believe in the index meme until I actually looked into it.
>>
>>1813614
Op kik me @ seanconnerry22 ill help you get a better footing.
>>
>>1813631
Sorry seanconnery22.... One less r
>>
File: 100 crack fist of chen.jpg (17KB, 325x221px) Image search: [Google]
100 crack fist of chen.jpg
17KB, 325x221px
>>1813631
>>1813633
Kys
>>
>>1813626
but surely s&p up under a presumably expansionary fiscal policy?
>>
File: accelerator.png (298KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
accelerator.png
298KB, 1024x576px
>>1813637
Can you rephrase that sentence? It isn't even coherent english.

What im trying to address is that there is a more fundamental problem underlying believing that index tracking funds will always trend upwards. The index is composed of largest market cap companies, and if they end up going backrupt or anything they will be replaced. Don't you see the logical fallacy? Of course the index will always point upwards if the basis of how an index is composed if follows this logic.

Its almost as if its complete nonsense -- like what you see on the NYSE tv channel with flashing numbers and whatnot trying to make people think "WOW WTF DO THESE NUMBERS MEAN, LOOKS SO SMART AND IMPORTANT" when actually nothing of actual value is presented.
>>
>>1813646
So which one should I invest now or become a 401k loser forever?
>>
>>1813539
OP how much risk are you willing to tolerate? Are you trying to grow your money slowly over time or trade around and try to make a lot of money by taking some moves that are a little on the risky side?

AMD is a very risky investment and I would not touch it. AMD is so expensive right now and they face huge competition from INTC and the king of that space, NVDA. If you are looking to make a similar, risky investment, I think a really good stock right now for the next ~3-4 months is Impinj (PI). They make RFID chips and are heavily involved in the IoT space. They had their IPO last year and they are growing quickly. Most importantly though, they just released a very solid earnings report and their stock plummeted. They are still growing quickly and they have been very oversold. Their current price reflects a low p/s ratio considering their growth, and it is far below their 52 week average (and even further below their 2017 average).

If you are looking for a slower and steady growth, I would suggest Verizon/ATT (VZ/T). They have very high dividends and are both in an upward trend right now, having recently turned around from a pretty significant dip. Furthermore, both of these stocks have a huge amount of long-time institutional support. When you are investing in a stock like AMD, PI, or any other small cap stock, you never really know if it could plunge tomorrow because the CEO quits or something, or some insider dumps a ton of shares. You don't have this problem with companies like VZ/T. Furthermore, they are both incredibly and consistently successful and profitable.

A good in-between type of stock is Facebook. However, they are at an all-time high and personally, as a rule, I won't buy a stock at an all-time high. However, you could wait for a dip and buy in. Facebook stock has been consistently rising at a fast rate for four years. Other tech stocks I like are MSFT, GOOG, and AMZN. Those would probably be my top 4 personally.
>>
>>1813539
>>1813614

So here's what I do and what I recommend:

>60% safe stuff like an index fund
>30% semi safe bets like TSLA AMZN, maybe the new Snapchat IPO
>10% pure penny stock gambles based on hype

I'm up 35% this year overall
>>
>>1813539
>Buy:
>BLK, CVX, COKE, MMM, IBM, LMT, AGN
>Make a decent amount of money

AMD, as a company, is financially retarded.
The only reason is buy amd is to catch a spike after positive news/events and then you get the fuck out immediately after
>>
File: arturia16.jpg (756KB, 1590x2010px) Image search: [Google]
arturia16.jpg
756KB, 1590x2010px
>>1813661
Im not an american so I don't know what a 401k is, but I assume its some type of retirement fund investment.

From a speculative point of view I say do not give your money to investment type of financial institutions, theyre making managerial fees and are jewing you out of your money.

I cannot tell you what to do other than to read books and understand what the economy means as a whole and what the true definition of an investment is.

However what I can tell you with 100% certainty is that investment is not a "thing to do on the weekend" or a "hobby" it is an exhausting and full time thing to do. If people on wall st. cannot manage to come out positive most of the time what makes you think you can doing it on your weekends for leisure?

Work. Try make side income, learn to manage your money (aka don't buy stupid shit) and foremost try to enjoy life.

It isn't hard to have a decent financial status if you choose to be logical in your purchases
>>
>>1813670
TSLA, AMZN, and SNAP are all over the place as far as safety. I would call AMZN semi safe but I would call TSLA highly risky (and extraordinarily expensive right now) and SNAP is a complete gamble. To be honest actually, I think SNAP is going to behave very similarly to TWTR IPO. I think SNAP will spike up after their IPO and then come crashing down, continuing into a long-term down trend over the next year or two.
>>
File: arturia17.jpg (199KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
arturia17.jpg
199KB, 707x1000px
>>1813680
Caveat 1: When I say do not give your money to investment financial institutions banks are an exception, open up a CD/Term deposit whenever there is some sort of special offer going on (Never exceed 1yr contracts), banks aren't going to fail any time soon, so you can rest assured your money is safe (Even if banks did fail, would money be worth anything?)

Caveat 2: Ignore the retards in the thread shilling random tickers trying to lure you into speculation with "Oh but its up 50% this year!!!!" this is how you lose money, educate yourself not take advice from other people
>>
>>1813683

well it's not an index fund, but yeah there is risk.

I use this strategy for 2 reasons, it's more fun than just boring 5 - 7% a year and also scare money don't make money.

Take a little risk.

Although I do agree that it's been almost 10 years since 08, that economic cycle...
>>
>>1813687
No I agree. I am not saying he shouldn't follow that strategy. In fact, I follow a very similar strategy myself where I keep the majority of my money in relatively safe stocks and trade the rest of it on more speculative stocks.

And as far as the economic cycle thing goes, yeah that should always been in the back of everyone's minds IMO. I like to write out of the money calls to manage my gains and limit potential losses, which would help with mitigating losses in the event of another crash.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.