[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to get into algo trading >itd be 4+ years, probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: fdfgfgd.png (798KB, 1287x938px) Image search: [Google]
fdfgfgd.png
798KB, 1287x938px
>want to get into algo trading
>itd be 4+ years, probably more
>already over satured market

whatever, anything would beat scrubbing shit at this point.
>>
>>1813105
>already over satured market
and one would think that at least one would work, but none does.

so you think you will write one? yeah, sure. waste your life. scrubbing shit would be more meaningful and fulfilling
>>
>>1813105
Algo tradaing is the wrong approach.
Automation is the answer. Buy/sell orders still in human hands.
>>
>>1813105
Yeah don't. Your best bet is to get into an inefficient industry and modernize it or to design new technologies, if you want to be rich really quickly.

Look at Elon Musk, he used his knowledge and connections to modernize the auto industry which sold the same rehashed shit year after year.

Some good industries I would consider looking into are clothing (you can command heavy margins for smart, well designed clothing), transportation/delivery (lots of smaller segments that are dominated by boomers & locals), consulting (lots of niches and you can hire consultants to regurgitate your knowledge and sell it to others), cleaning/maintenance (certain industries are controlled by unions, you can find cheaper labor and compete against these folks), application development (copy fads and spam ads), and much much more.

There's about a million things to do that are easier to make money and highly profitable compared to algorithmic trading. Remember, competition drives down reward.

Look for dinosaur industries and critically analyze their every aspect.
>>
Learning coding thi slate tho? To be an engineer? Eugh, even that feels belated...
>>
>>1813125
>Look at Elon Musk, he used his knowledge and connections to modernize the auto industry which sold the same rehashed shit year after year.
Elon is overrated and a really bad example for a rolemodel.
Tesla and SpaceX are horrible companies if you look at the numbers.

>Some good industries I would consider looking into are clothing (you can command heavy margins for smart, well designed clothing),
Stay away from the fashion industry! There is no money to make except you establish a luxury brand which takes a lot of time.
You have the big names and you have luxury brands. Inbetween all companies fail. There are countless examples.

>transportation/delivery (lots of smaller segments that are dominated by boomers & locals),
How? I see no money in it.

>consulting (lots of niches and you can hire consultants to regurgitate your knowledge and sell it to others),
How? Why should somebody hire you with no experience especially if you consider to hire other consultants?

>cleaning/maintenance (certain industries are controlled by unions, you can find cheaper labor and compete against these folks),
Okay. I see some money here.

>application development (copy fads and spam ads), and much much more.
Saturated market. A lot of competition.
>>
>>1813105
making an algorithm for trading is extreme work. first of all, you have to be a profitable trader yourself. 99% people are not profitable traders. some might be in the short term, and believe its skill, but really was just luck. then you have to analyze the reasoning for you to enter and exit a trade. most of the time these are complex and subconscious calculations. how do you translate all the factors into numbers and correctly weigh them out? also you have to make sure there are no glitches or anything. also even if it works it wont work for a long time. market constantly changes..
>>
>>1813205
>>cleaning/maintenance (certain industries are controlled by unions, you can find cheaper labor and compete against these folks),
>Okay. I see some money here.

Easier said than done, at least in the US the Unions will go on strike or just generally bully people into not hiring you (around here when we do work on places where unions are also working we tend to keep quiet, and have had a few times where the union guys found out and threw a fit and we had to give up the job otherwise the people we were working for would have ended up being delayed by at least a year.)

Also, a lot of places require union labor for commercial places; and that's where the money is. The unions know they are not economically efficient and are dying (it's hard to be efficient when you charge 25$ an hour while reserving an hourly 10 minute break and aren't even more competent than your competition who charges half that), so they are fighting with all they've got.
>>
File: cutesy.jpg (19KB, 328x329px) Image search: [Google]
cutesy.jpg
19KB, 328x329px
>tfw coding automation bots is an oversaturated industry that is already automated
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.