[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my place decided to put me on a split shift. How do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

So my place decided to put me on a split shift.

How do i tell them to fuck off?
>>
File: CHECKEM.png (333KB, 532x476px) Image search: [Google]
CHECKEM.png
333KB, 532x476px
Quit
>>
>>1809915
I've only been there for 8 months and it's my first job ever.

Wouldn't that be a resume suicide?
>>
>>1809924
What's the job and what exactly is this split shift?
>>
Deal with it pussy and make that money honey
>>
>>1809930
i'm a chef, it's around 7-11am/6-11pm

>>1809931
i would if it wasnt minimum wage.
>>
>>1809935
Start looking for another job. When you find it, quit the first and tell them why you quit
>>
File: sweetgirl.png (2MB, 1917x986px) Image search: [Google]
sweetgirl.png
2MB, 1917x986px
Wowweeee that sounds like absolute god damn hell, i'd just kill myself at that point OP, or learn some skills for a different field of work. (I recommend AC and Heater Repair)
>>
>>1809935
One time shit or is it scheduled?
If it's a rare occurrence then just do it until you can get out if not then quit and when ask just tell the truth.
>>
>>1809990
why would you kys over a job.

>>1809993
i think it will be scheduled, will check on it today.

if they refuse any changes then i'll quit.
>>
>>1809910
If you don't want to work there anymore, give them your two weeks notice. It is advisable that you find another job before you do this so you aren't left unemployed for a period of time. If you really want to "tell them to fuck off" then just go ahead. Giving a two week notice isn't required, its just a courtesy. You can always omit ever having this job from your resume. Or just list fake phone numbers or "references" that can verify you worked there. There isn't some end all secret database that employers search that they know you worked at X for X many months or years. That's why they have to ask you on applications. If you don't tell them, then they'll never know. Whatever you decide to do, just think it through.

>>1809930
A split shift is where you work in half of one shift and in to the half of another. For instance, day shifts are 6am-2pm or 7-3. Split shifts are shifts like 10-6 or 11-7pm. Swings are 3pm-11pm or 4pm-midnight, and the rest are night or graveyard shifts.
>>
>>1809935
How long does it take for you to go from home to work?
>>
>>1810033

around 20 mins by car if the streets are empty.
but sometimes i leave 40mins early and only arrive on time
>>
>>1809910
split shifts are a companies way of telling you they dont want to pay you overtime but need you in the morning and night and also they dont care about their employees
>>
>>1810047
they actually never pay for overtime, one of my coworkers used to call them 'charity-time'.
>>
>>1810038
So you waste 1 hr more on commute.
>>
>>1809935

Holy shit when will cooks ever get it, that you can work less hard somewhere else for more money.

Jesus I got a buddy who is a chef and works his ass off 50 - 55 hrs a week for $40k a year.

What a joke. Wage slaves man, they don't get it.
>>
>>1810079
where else would a chef go outside the kitchen?
>>
>>1809910
Tell them that you need "a healthy balance between work and life". Chicks do that all the time so you might be fine.
>>
>>1810452
To better kitchen.
>>
submit several resumes to other kitchens if you don't like it.

if you get any bites just switch jobs to the new one if they want you

just don't mention anything online or at work, you don't want to get the boot early.
>>
>>1809935
Youre not a chef, making minimum wage. Youre a cook. No one is coming to you for new menu items or asking you to really do anything outside of plate hot food.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.