[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOUSING. Anyone here work in a housing/property maintenance/related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5267.jpg (65KB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5267.jpg
65KB, 460x258px
HOUSING.

Anyone here work in a housing/property maintenance/related field? Be interesting to get a dialogue going about ideas, improvement, operational strategy and pitfalls etc.

I work in a UK based housing association, maintenance department manager.
>>
>>1809384
I work in the U.S.
We took most of our real-estate laws from your side of the pond.
What do you want to know?
>>
I used to work in planning m8, and me and my bruvva are putting a bid in on an old house down saaf.

I think the optimal strategy for doing this is to pick a house that is reasonably old and run down but without any serious structural defects. Those are what eat into your budget and, most importantly, take too much time, because if you're doing it yourself it will take a fucking age and if you're getting contractors in you'll start to lose money fast.

The key is to do a cosmetic job, not to fuck around with excessive structural works. You have to consider "added value" at all times. I really do think that there is so much superficial value to properties. Choppy haired estate agents are definitely not immune to the psychological impact of a house looking clean, well decorated and well maintained, so it would appear that this is the easiest way forward if you want to play this game.

The biggest gains are to be had with properties that are closer to the average house price as in this range, demand is inelastic.

It's good that you're in maintenance, you'll have a decent idea of pricing it. It will also help if you are friends with a building surveyor as they will quickly identify if there are any major structural defects, like roof sag, that would just fuck you over.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.