[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>One man has a net worth more than the entire GDP of Maine.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: UF3cgUk4.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
UF3cgUk4.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
>One man has a net worth more than the entire GDP of Maine.

Why is this allowed?
>>
So what's your proposal to change it then?
>>
>>1809234
Actually allowing such upward mobility in for a man and a company is something that should be put in check. That is a serious problem a very serious one and I believe control over companies who reach a certain value is a danger to the public and a danger to the country. A company should not have more money than the country and thats a belief I stand beside
>>
>>1809234
And that's just the money we know about.
>>
>>1809234
wtf, maine? step up your game you lazy bastards.
>>
>>1809234
because Maine is a retarded fucking state
>>
>>1809234
Because you touch yourself at night
>>
He had a gigantic crush on my mom in college and they semi dated and she dumped him for my dad.

Tbh not even mad still wealthy and not ugly and bald
>>
>>1809234
net worth != wealth
He doesn't have $74B in his bank account.
>>
>>1809581
Can you post a picture of your mom in her youth?
>>
>>1809581
Am curious as well anon
>>
>>1809234
>Why is this allowed

I fucking hate poor people
>>
>>1809614
>>1809618
feel free to call bullshit but no, i'm not posting pictures of my mom on 4chan
>>
>>1809234
>comparing net worth with gdp
>>
>>1809614
>>1809618
hello jeff
>>
>>1809267

Don't know the solution.

But it's a problem.
>>
>>1809678
does seem like and odd way to measure wealth, but now you can imagine that guys buying every good and service Maine has to offer this coming financial year
>>
Hold the phone; what is the problem exactly?
>>
>>1809620
I don't hate poor people. I feel bad for them in the sense they think this is some kind of problem. What don't they get?
>>
>>1810015

Without memes, explain in detail how it is a problem.
>>
B...because capitalism?
>>
Is that Elon Musk?
>>
Tard is long gone, I fear. I was hoping to have a discussion.
>>
>>1809704
hi randy
>>
File: 32 4.png (808KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
32 4.png
808KB, 640x580px
>>1810138

This is
>>
>>1810015
Go on OP, please explain how this is a problem. What issues does it directly cause? Please explain how anything would be better if the wealth he has generated simply did not exist.
>>
>>1811634
topkek
>>
>>1811728
It causes inflation because when a significant enough number of people hoard billions of dollars there isn't enough hard currency to go around and so the fed is forced to print money that isn't backed by the reserves.
>>
>>1811750
His net worth is not liquid assets. To think that he has billions in cash is absurd and shows has little you know about finance and economics. You also obviously have no clue about fractional reserve banking or the federal reserve.
>>
>>1809234

>the capacity of my harddrive is equal to 4chan's bandwidth

Prediction: you will remain poor because you're dumb as fuck.
>>
It is much better that he have billions and not spend it/waste it. The money is instead put to productive use as investments.

The government spends every cent it gets, and then some. This causes massive inflation. This is not so apparent in the USA, but in smaller countries with greedy and powerful governments, inflation rages out of control from government spending.
>>
>>1811728

If you have *ANY MONEY AT ALL* saved up, even $1 in nickels, you have a net worth bigger than two billion people on earth.

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2014/04/04/stop-adding-up-the-wealth-of-the-poor/
>>
File: 1476418528230.jpg (249KB, 864x1105px) Image search: [Google]
1476418528230.jpg
249KB, 864x1105px
>>1809234

Because anyone espousing ideas that resemble communist classless-society ideals deserves a one way helicopter ride to the ocean.
>>
Amazon has an amazing return policy and great prices most of the time, but theyre kiked and pushing their prime bullshit annoys me

Since I've been an Amazon member since before most of you were born I can easily refund scam them occasionally as long as I don't over do it

No regrets
>>
>>1811634
Even better looking than I imagined
>>
>>1809273
>A company should not have more money than the country and thats a belief I stand beside

Name a company that is worth three trillion dollars.
>>
>>1809267
it's simple.
we kill the batman
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.