[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being an executive a matter of having the money to pay for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Trump-Wollman-Rink.jpg (95KB, 768x476px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-Wollman-Rink.jpg
95KB, 768x476px
Is being an executive a matter of having the money to pay for the college degrees corporate wants you to have, or is there some finesse to it? Can I climb up the ladder from the clerk's desk, or do you literally have to have parents with college money?
>>
promotions are based on reputation and character not qualifications or performance. Hard work doesnt get you a promotion, it ensurers that you never get a promotion, a good worker stays a worker.
>>
>>1809598

It doesn't work like that, you need to have experience to be an executive.

>>1809114
Best way to become an executive is to get a finance/accounting/business related degree.

Idk about america but in the UK you can get well known accounting/finance related professional qualifications for free if you do apprenticeships.
>>
>>1809598
Reputation matters and it's largely based on your past successful outcomes. People who are shit rarely make it past regional manager level. Once people become directors/VPs and such they've usually got a long history of results in addition to being well thought of. If you can get results by being a lazy conniving piece of shit/diversity hire/have a velvet crotch I guess you'll make it but most people tend to work their asses off for a decade + to get there.
>>
>>1809674
>Best way to become an executive is to get a finance/accounting/business related degree.
No, the best way to become an executive is effective networking. At the executive level, no one gives a shit what you did in college.
>>
>>1809758

Well a college degree is a good way to get a headstart in your career.

>Networking
People aren't going to let you become an executive if you have no skills to show for it.
>>
>>1809114
Yes, lets poor 60-80 hours a week into becoming the model candidate for executiveship. Or you could spend that time building passive income streams so that you make money while your on vacation.
>>
The ladder to become an exec is very attainable. It's currently my goal.

I graduated with a marketing degree in the spring semester and landed a job working next to the VP of Sales at a leading global Saas company.

I got the job based off my interview skills, my high school door to door selling experience and my part time construction job while I was in college.

I suggest studying epistemology and ontology. Helped me a great deal in my interviews.
>>
>>1809887
You say that as if there are specific skills associated with upper management.
>>
>>1810009
There really are. Basically every conversation at that level has the potential to fuck your future.
>>
>>1809758
To be fair a lot of executives do have accounting/finance degrees.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.