[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /biz/, I might have terminal cancer. Medical drama aside,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: t3_5uogfg.jpg (3MB, 2600x3193px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5uogfg.jpg
3MB, 2600x3193px
So /biz/, I might have terminal cancer. Medical drama aside, this was an entirely preventable situation and I intend to sue for a lot of money before I'm gone. This is such a bad case of negligence that I expect them to settle for around $10mil.

I'm only 22 years old, so my plan is to use $2mil of that to get frozen so that they can take the cancer out of my body in 30-60 years and I can live out the remainder of my life.

My uni is about to open a brand new building in the fall, and I was hoping to donate $4mil and try to get it named after me. My thinking is that if I have a building named after me then hopefully people will care enough to revive me.

That leaves $4mil. I want to set up some kind of foundation to give out some scholarships and also to work on reviving me. Where is a safe place that I can put the money for the next ~50 years to grow without any intervention on my part?

I'd also appreciate feedback on this plan.
>>
Youll get $/€200,000 at the least.
>>
You know you can freeze yourself for free if you just drink as much everclear as you can, sit in an industrial freezer for 3 hours, then have someone shove your frozen corpse off of a nine story building, so that when your body hits the ground it freezes instantly. Hoping that you dont land head first, your brain will instantly be frozen and you can live out the rest of your cyborg life
>>
>>1808176 if you're serious you should kill yourself
>>
>>>/qst/
>>
>>1808176
Whole body or just head cryonics?

Does Alcor have anyone they recommend?

I have thought about this. You would want maximum diversification because even a safe bet like TIPS is worthless is the US doesn't exist when you wake up. Multiple trusts set up maybe with an equal division of the corpus (haha), each with a different trustee. Spread the risk of the trustee's successor messing up your plans.

The safest goal would be preserving the assets to at least have enough to get you revived safely and functionally a human. I don't know if you would want to be a cyber upload, a cyborg, etc. Whatever you want you would need purchasing power to get that.

It would be nice if you woke up with the same relative wealth as 4M would get you now. Matching US inflation should go far to preserving that.

I would not invest in just smallcaps in this case. Global index funds + bond funds + inflation protected securities would be my choice.

Maybe spend your time setting up your own investment strategy, and then having 2 extra trusts set up like above. Have them go for completely different strategies on those so there's multiple approaches to what you or I can think up.

The scholarship is a good idea to ensure people will give a shit about you.
>>
>>1808176
>buying into cryogenics

I feel bad about your situation but lelling @ this option.

Seriously, read up one people who have tried this and see what's happened to them. Either due to retarded interns dropping their bodies and cracking them open like a walnut or getting frozen and having your cells erupt due to improper freezing and the list goes on, it's just frozen snake oil in my opinion giving hope to those at their most desperate moments. Sounds like a good business idea desu.
>>
>>1808351
A shitty possibility is a better wager than certain death. If I were in op's shoes I'd be diving into this fully.
>>
>>1808191
sad chuckle/ 10

>>1808312
>>1808332
I'm serious. I've had a mass on my left testicle since just before high school. The doctors were all like "lol naw, you're young so we don't need to look at that." Then I gradually started vomiting l and passing blood in my stool over the years. They gave some bullshit excuse about a migraine making me throw up and hemmorhoids making me bleed so much. Then my hair started falling out and thinning. They said I was just imagining it. I started having really bad vision problems about a year and a half ago, and after tons of bullshit where they said I was just imagining it or having a migraine, we now have definitive proof that my retinas are rapidly degenerating.

I've posted here before about how I was going blind, but now I finally know why. It's called paraneoplastic retinopathy where my body's immune system is reacting to the cancer and creating antibodies that also attack the photoreceptors in my eye.
>>
>>1808351
Jesus. I hope you make it anon, I imagine it must be a really hard and weird position to be in. All the best
>>
>>1808362
Redirecting this to
>>1808356
>>
>>1808356
Before you die, murder everyone that was responsible for your situation. Including yourself. Check your own health better, but still, cut them up.
>>
>>1808356
Have you seen an oncologist? Do you have any assets now? The health care you are receiving is subpar.
>>
>>1808354
This 100%. Its not like you cab take the money with you, so if you can afford it and have enough to give your family I say do it. It's what I'm planning desu
>>
>>1808176
Science will not be able to bring you back to life.

Only Jesus Christ can do that. He will ressurect you and everyone on the last day. You can be resurrected into paradise or judgement. But all will live again to meet their maker.
>>
>>1808356
>Then my hair started falling out and thinning

The reason that happens to cancer sufferers is because of chemotherapy. Try again.
>>
>>1808460
Not entirely. As cancer progresses, the body attacks itself (duh kinda) and in turn you start to lose hair from your own immune system ballista bombing you
>>
>>1808460
>The only reason hair falls out is because of chemo

Kill yourself my man
>>
This could actually work if you're sociable and act like a nice person. A mix of pity and sympathy could make the people genuinely care for you.

I wish you good luck OP.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.