[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it still a good time to buy defense stocks? Trump has always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is it still a good time to buy defense stocks?

Trump has always said that America should have the biggest, best military in the world.
I predict shit happening in the South China sea. It doesn't need to be a real war, just trade war and dick measuring just like in the 80s with the Soviets. The dick measuring is enough to make money from the stocks.

Also, ISIS and Iran can constitute a problem in the future. And at least ISIS will always fuel some companies' stocks.
>>
>>1807815
watch some speeches from munich's security conference. https://www.securityconference.de/en/

europe's going to raise their defence expenses. euros said they'll take more responsibility in the world (syria, mali, afghanistan). etc etc

i think it's therefor appropriate to answer your question with 'yes'.

american defense stocks should also go up (south chinese sea and so on).
>>
>>1807815
It's pretty much always a good time to buy

>recessions
government boosts defense spending to create aggregate demand
>peace
maintaining a military edge over the rest of the world
>war
orders replacing destroyed equipment
>economic booms
using surplus tax money to fund more military research

There's virtually no situation in which the government cuts the defense budget. Especially with Trump in power, Congress would be more likely to touch Medicare and social security, as politically painful as decreasing funding for those are, before they take on defense
>>
>>1807887
that's how I look at it as well. And I was preparing a questrade account in october before he won just for it, but I delayed it and my account only became operational and funded this week.

I've lost around 25% because of it. Some stocks have gained 40% others 10-15% in 3 months.

I just don't know if I should create a portfolio of 6 or 10 companies. And also if I should invest in smaller companies like ATRO.

>>1807887
>>1807848
Any suggestions on this?
>>
>>1807815
Lol why the fuck would you need a gun that long? Like what the fuck man xD
>>
Historically Republicans favor defense contractors while Democrats favor inter agency federal spending. With Trump we already have a federal hiring freeze until the end of April 2017 and contractor companies are filling lots of voids.

A good resource to see that defense spending is still active:
https://www.defense.gov/News/Contracts/Contract-View/Article/1083229
>>
>>1807909
Here is my watchlist based on looking at contracts recently awarded; in no particular order. Some of them are too big to be affected by a 10B$ contract, others like ESLT and HII went up pretty high since they announced contracts.

RTN
BAC
GD
LMT
BA
GE
ESLT
NOC
TXT
AVAV
OSK
NAV
FMC
AET
CNC
HII
HEI
LMIA
SPR
TTEK
T
XOM
TSO
TXN
BAESY
LLL
ACM
ATI
CSRA
AWK
GLDD
KTOS
TKR
MANT
LDOS
UFPI
HON
SAIC
EME
AUTLF
BAH
AMD
UTX
IRDM
OA
KNCRY
LNT
INTC
CUB

Add or suggest more?
>>
>>1807918
>>1807909
thanks for the resources.
>>
>>1807815
>ISIS can constitute a problem
You plan to aimlessly hitchhike through the middle-east with an American flag sewn to your backpack?
>>
>>1807918
Thank you!
>>
Are there any defense ETFs?
Stockpicking seems kinda risky (besides the usual risks), since defense seems a rather opaque market.
>>
>>1809278
ITA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.