[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How big of an impact will blockchains/cryptocurrencies and automation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

How big of an impact will blockchains/cryptocurrencies and automation have on costs for consumers?

With labor largely automated, blockchains removing middlemen, and cryptocurrencies making taxes impractical; how much would prices go down basically for typical commodities like food, tech, and stuff like that? Would stuff only cost just above the cost for raw materials or would these new technologies only have a marginal effect at the end of the day?
>>
Your entire post shows that you don't love in the real world

The answer to your question is none
>>
>>1806872
Your post shows you live in a little dark box of what you've been told is how life should work
>>
File: bitcoin-ap2[1].jpg (70KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-ap2[1].jpg
70KB, 800x446px
>>1806853
>cryptocurrencies making taxes impractical
if everyone used bitcoins, and payed for their mining rigs/electricity in bitcoins wouldnt that make the price of bitcoins exponential, leading to hyper inflation?

the costs from it in the next few years will help people be more conservative financially, and move money into and out of a country/region, or hide money from debt collectors

if bitcoins ever start to increase the volitility of the economy because of people avoiding taxes/debts, then bitcoins will in turn be taxed to make up for it, or else corruption would be rampant (think russia in the 90's)

its basically a stock, if a nation used it as an official currency then that nation would be a slave to the rest of the world, its far too volatile to rely on in the long term, its probably a better way to diversify your assets with bitcoins than gold, but in the end its not nearly as liquid as cash p2p, never will be
and people always prefer convenience
>>
>>1806890
the only thing that can make taxes impractical if the state had a better income revenue. like oil for example.
>>
>>1806890
No. Because you cannot inflate bitcoins. It has a limited cap of 21 million btc and constant decreasing emission
>>
>>1806890
You also cannot tax bitcoin because it is pseudonymous anyone can have as many bitcoin addresses as they like

Government btfo forever
>>
>>1806955
>implying miners don't tax you for running the network the same way a government body would for running the state.
>>
>>1806955
>You also cannot tax bitcoin because it is pseudonymous anyone can have as many bitcoin addresses as they like
>Government btfo forever
have fun being cut off from utilities, social services, getting sent to prison, or just starving/freezing to death, since you need more to survive than a unit of account

And the government would tax the miners to make up for the revenue, and then the miners would pass on their extra debt to you, which would make you a bitminer's bitch, with no input

nothing is untaxable
>>
>>1806853
if cryptocurrencies are able to cut out a lot of middleman and labor, then the products in that industry will definitely be cheaper. I am just not sure how something like the ethereum platform will be used by microsoft or another tech company to cut costs. I definitely do see it happening though, and having a pretty large effect on how things operate.
>>
>>1807138
Microsoft has been using blockchain for Azure and ease of use tools for other businesses from what I've read. They're latest ads are really promoting their cloud services related to the humanitarian stuff the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation does so healthcare might be Microsoft's target but that's just a hunch.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.