[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /biz/ I need advice, I've been running a demo stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170218-154245.jpg (130KB, 1440x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170218-154245.jpg
130KB, 1440x540px
Okay /biz/ I need advice, I've been running a demo stock account for about a month now. I started off with 100k and in just over a month I've almost doubled the money. 100k to 180k in 5 weeks. Can and should trading stocks realistically be my career? I don't want to work for anyone and if this type of income could happen in real life I'd be set to do whatever I want. Should I try to make this my career?
>>
>>1806813
It depends. Did you make all that money by putting 100k on a single penny stock? Then no.

Did you make all that money by finding a very specific, targeted strategy in a single sector and exactly adhering to it day after day even though your intuition might contradict it? Then maybe. You need a larger sample size though- Make several more accounts, use each to invest in different sectors. Try to see how much you can make in 3 months, which is a timeframe that is just long enough that it starts to smooth out variance (One entire business quarter).
>>
>>1806813
The stock market is what, 500 years old or so if you're counting its inception in Antwerp? Are you going to judge your performance by a single months running time?

Start investing, but dont be overconfident.
>>
>>1806817
I've made the money from multiple things, from investing in things advertised during the super bowl, investing in tesla when new products are coming out, and following Warren buffet when he invested a lot in apple.

>>1806818
Noted, thanks.
>>
Depending on how much you are willing to lose and how many stocks you trade at one time, pick the lowest amount that fits these criteria.
Don't be greeady and think you will succeed with more money.
Trade this way as long as you can and change it when you acquire some sense of knowing what you are doing. (In my case it took 2-3 years)
>>
If you can make a gain every 10 weeks of at least 20% net for a whole year you should trade professionally unless you have better things to do.
>>
>>1806813
Which platform did you use?
>>
>>1806813
Start with an amount of money you don't mind losing.
Demo accounts can be rigged, luck is a thing, and we've been in quite a bullish market as of late.
>>
>>1806813

Where could i get demo account with most realistic indicators? Investopedia and stuff is literally shit with 15 minutes delay and stuff.

Thank you.
>>
>>1807459
I used tradehero
>>
>>1807462
Rigged how?
>>
>>1806813

No you retard.

The sims are a toy to play with an not realistic. They don't accurately represent liquidity.

Hypothetical you could put $100 in Robinhood and repeat that consistently until you have enough capital to be employed by a prop trading firm.
>>
>>1806813
the real question is. would you be able to stomach the reverse of your situation? trading isn't about mad gainz in the long run. its can you stick to your principals and discipline in the down times. lose half your stack in one day and then ask yourself. "is this a career for me?"
>>
>>1807803
>hey i'll just put this zillion dollar monopoly money on this stock

vs

>do i put my hard earned cash on this stock?
>>
>>1806829
>I've made the money from multiple things, from investing in things advertised during the super bowl, investing in tesla when new products are coming out, and following Warren buffet when he invested a lot in apple.

you've basically got lucky

Warren Buffet doesn't consistently make those sorts of returns in a month and he's one of the richest people in the world as a result of investing

you've just taken some random discretionary punts based on various factors that seemed like a good idea at the time and happen to be up by quite a bit after only a month, that doesn't really tell you anything long term
>>
>>1806813
To find out if you are a good trader or not just invest a small amount of cash. Try $500 to start and see if you can turn it into $10,000.

I started trading crypto with about $200 a couple years ago now I'm up to $20,000.

I consider those couple of years training time and now I'm actually getting started with reasonable capital.
>>
>>1808873
Is $500 a pretty good amount? I was thinking of starting with $5000
>>
>>1806813
>100k to 180k in 5 weeks.
Not bad!
That's almost insanely good!
How do you make that, besides sheer luck…
>a demo stock account
…lol
That's just totally worthless.
Sure, you might get lucky and get the same returns with real money, but if your real money is at line, you are most likely not going to do such a high risk "strategy".
I'd guess you used leveraged products?
Those "feel" very different when they will not only magically turn $10000 into $100000 within a week with only a small jump in the underlying value, but might also magically turn your $10000 into nothing on a totally trivial downwards movement in the underlying stock.

Start trading with real money, and then we're talking!
(but please start with some smaller sums)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.