[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if millions of people suddenly commited suicide? How would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (193KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
193KB, 657x527px
What if millions of people suddenly commited suicide? How would the government react? Will the economy collapse? Will businesses go bankrupt because most of their customers killed themselves?
>>
>>1806210
>Will businesses go bankrupt because most of their customers killed themselves?
this may come as a shock to you, but the really big movers in business don't sell to people.
>>
>>1806216
Are you talking about Investment bankers?
>>
>>1806216
Bullshit, the biggest kneepad sellers also sell their products to individuals
>>
>>1806220
is that the only sector selling to business and government that you know of?
>>
>>1806225
There's obviously a lot of organisations selling to business and government. I thought maybe you had a specific sector in mind.
>>
>>1806237
nope, I just think it's fun when the average poorfag thinks their custom is important to businesses. There's 360,000 just like them born every day.
>>
>>1806242
Sales as a whole has to be important to the big movers. Someone needs to buy this shit eventually; Banks raise capital for Rio Tinto to rape the earth, sell the metals, metals get turned into product, consumers buy the product. How could the disappearance of a large number of consumers, say, an epidemic, not effect profits? Or am I an idiot?
>>
>>1806249
Not to mention the huge loss of labour. I'm thinking the black death here, and the impacts it had on Europe.
>>
>>1806249
I was going with the idea of millions of people dying. That's not a significant fraction of the world population.

if we lost half the world's population that would be a different story. Businesses likely wouldn't be bankrupted so much as shut down temporarily for lack of employees. Plenty of businesses survived events like the Spanish Flu and a couple world wars.

businesses can be mothballed for a while without going bankrupt.
>>
>>1806250
People getting sick then dying =/= people dying

It costs a lot more resources to keep sick people alive.
If a lot of people die instantly, it will only be bad on paper.
Everything will continue as normal, but profits and losses will be smaller. Only the scale changes.

Also it might have a positive effect in a sense that there will be more raw materials available. The same amount of resources for a smaller group of people. So more opportunity for the ones that do survive.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.