[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm lookin into buying cars on craigslist and selling them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 60s-car-dealership.jpg (41KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
60s-car-dealership.jpg
41KB, 300x310px
I'm lookin into buying cars on craigslist and selling them higher personally at my home. Should I do this? What advice would you give me?
>>
>>1806079
Bring an OBD scanner to make sure the seller isn't trying to hide the fact that their car is actually fucked up. You're going to need to at least do something to the car in order to charge more for it. Fix things wrong with it, clean it up, whatever. Used cars are everywhere, gotta at least try to make the ones you flip stand out among all the other cars for sale.
>>
>>1806134
*going to need to do

Also, with an OBD scanner, it makes you look like you know what the fuck you're talking about. Makes it easier to haggle down the price when the seller doesn't know two fucks about cars.
>>
>>1806134
>>1806141
I don't know two shits or give two shits about cars

All I know is you can buy them for 2000$ and then sell them for 3000$

Is there any qualifications id have to have? Can I get legally fucked for doing this?
>>
>>1806148
If you live in the USA, no, there's nothing legally wrong with this. If you start making a lot of money, you might have to do some tax fuckery but that's about it.

Also, you need to learn about cars before you do this. What happens if you buy some piece of shit with a ruined transmission because you didn't know the signs? How are you going to haggle or resell when you don't know what you're talking about?

And I'm serious about bringing an OBD scanner, I got I haggled some lady down $1500 once because I started doing a diagnostic on the car and found some (minor) issues. She had no clue what the fuck I was doing.
>>
>>1806148
is this bait?

seriously, dont do this if you dont have a mechanic/technical background. Even gradma's 11yo niece knows about the 10$ OBD dongles in 2017 and how to surpress the airbay-failure signal.

are there no warranty laws when selling stuff professionally in the USA which would fuck up your businessplan?
>>
>>1806148
You my friend are a fucking idiot.
Don't buy shit you don't know about.

>>1806269
You have to have a certain amount of cars in your name/business to be mandated to get a dealer license. Even if you are selling them at your house. And don't forget about all the zoning laws that come with selling more that a car or two at a time. Even what he is doing can land him in small claims if there is no "as is" agreement
>>
>>1806148
Look up the state you live each state has different laws on how many cars you can buy or sell a year before you need to get a dealers license, but judging by how reatrdedly you are going about this youre fucked anyway stupid faggot
>>
It would be illegal without a dealer's license, and once you get a dealer's license you can go to dealer auctions and get cars for much much cheaper. Your idea is very retarded.
>>
>>1806148

>no mechanical knowledge

Lmaoooo

I bought a 98' Audi A4 2.8 Quattro for $450, filled up the power steering fluid and replaced the suspension for a $2500 sale in a month. Unless you're willing to fork over ALL of your margin on 3rd party repairs, look somewhere else for money, OP.
>>
>>1806079

try /o/
>>
>>1806079
Enjoy your two cars a year limit unless you get a dealers licence.
>>
>>1806148
>I don't know two shits or give two shits about cars
Bail out now you Dingus
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.