[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just listened to chapter 3 and I'm planning on finishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1005._UY200_[1].jpg (14KB, 154x200px) Image search: [Google]
1005._UY200_[1].jpg
14KB, 154x200px
I just listened to chapter 3 and I'm planning on finishing this pretty soon. So far I love the message of becoming obsessed with your goals and things you can do to foster a strong mindset.

Does anyone else have good books or videos they enjoyed?
>>
>>1805723
>listened
If you're too fucking lazing to read a book you're not going to accomplish anything
>>
>>1805804
Shut up fag
>>
>>1805723
watch this to understand how politics really works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIrxyXmpEU
>>
>>1805804
>he's so unproductive he spends all his focus reading a book
Faggot, I absorb information from audiobooks and improve my physical fitness skills at the same time.
>>
>>1805723

the only ones who profit from these books are their authors and publishers.
>>
>>1805723
>becoming obsessed with your goals
yeah not bad advice.
i got real frustrated that my obsessions keep not being fulfilled and did something i hardly imagined i would do.
1) regged on linkedin and updated my profile every week
1) asked for a significant raise at work told them otherwise i will be forced to find other employment
2) after the wage negotiation which solved my longer term problems asked for half year salary in advance settled till the end of year.
this will allow me to accomplish my short term goals: among them doing away with my student loan finally and have private banking account at affordable price.
>>
>>1805723
i just read the summary, this book basically promotes a thing called "magical thinking" as something good and useful. the fuck.
>>
>>1806319
How did the negotiation go? Did you get another job offer as leverage before asking?
I'm in a similar spot.
>>
File: montae.jpg (49KB, 563x582px) Image search: [Google]
montae.jpg
49KB, 563x582px
>>1806253

This.

>>1806356

Precisely. Any book with the adjective "rich" in its title is likely to be snake oil.

Most clear evidence of this is that the author himself spent most of his life being broke. Eventually his wife even left him because she grew tired of being broke. And he died alone and poor.

Would you take advice on dental hygiene from a toothless man?
>>
>>1806371
yes i had not concrete offers but a lot of hits from hr at other firms. it really boosts your confidence if nothing else.

the negotiations were not hard when they took place, but due to the retarded way my company works (you negotiate with the ceo and the head of accounting except you can hardly find them at the same place at the same time) it took almost a month to agree on something. even tho they agreed to the raise by 30% ,somehow the other aspect i wanted to fix my wage growth rate around 10% for the next 3 years got a little sidetracked.

i'm still keeping the other irons in the fire as well in fact i'm kind of thorn about getting a raise and an agreement on further raises here finalized or just leave and try for a higher wage somewhere else.

but i just know not all places are as flexible about the stuff like advance on pay and workhours and lot's of stuff. also the company car i use for free is a very nice bonus.
>>
>>1806407
>Would you take advice on dental hygiene from a toothless man?
If his advice was to not neglect your dental hygiene, sure. Who knows the consequences better than a man with no teeth?
>>
>>1805723
read rich dad poor dad by rachel kinobukkake

its just your style, trust me, you will love it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.