[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are job agencies good places to find work if you have no work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 023.jpg (70KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
70KB, 500x487px
Are job agencies good places to find work if you have no work experience?

I'm staring blankly at the "experience" part of my resume
>>
In short yes
But what do you want to do?
>>
>>1805596

Preferably some IT type of job, something with computers

And preferably not food service industry

But I'm okay with everything else (manual labour, stocking, warehouse etc...)

I can do sales but I've no prior experience which worries me
>>
I'm OP, just posting from my phone right now since I'm not at home
>>
>>1805547
Job agencies are generally shit. Their aim isn't to get you a full time job, it's to float you around on temp contracts because that's how they make their money.
>>
>>1805627

But teeechnically they're pretty good for making some cash and filling my resume out, right?
>>
>>1805627
That depends completely on the agency. Some agencies make money doing temp contracts, others are actual recruiters and make a commission every time a company hires a full-time employee they refer.
>>
>>1805605
I used staffing agencies for the last 6 months or so. Definitely will get your share of jobs that will make you want to kill yourself. But overall The Experience actually wasn't that bad.
All bottom feeder gigs in many different fields ( agriculture, office work, manual labor/trades). As far as IT or sales it'll most likely be Hollow experience though
>>
What's your age and edu?
>>
20, 1/3 of the way done through college for EE bachelor's
>>
I was really stupid with my time and long story short my GPA is now 2.0

My parents have stopped paying for my credits so I'm going to be taking loans now

I need to raise my GPA, complete my education, and get some money in my pocket
>>
>>1805635
The actual recruiters are few and far between.

Staffing agencies make most of their money through temp contracts because it's ongoing revenue. Getting someone directly hired is just a one-off commission.

Staffing agencies will promise you that a temp contract might turn into a direct hire, but it's just carrot on a stick.

I know of cases where the company will contract the staffing agency and say they want to hire the temp, then the agency will lie and say that candidate is taking something else, and then pull them and say the contract ended.

I used a staffing agency several years ago before I actually learned how they worked. I had a great first impression during my initial interview with the recruiters. They called me several times about positions for me, but when I tried to call back they never answered the phone or called me back after I left multiple messages.

I went through the LaSalle Network. Look up their reviews, they are terrible.

They also pull a bait and switch where it makes it look they are hiring for internal positions, then you get their for the interview and what do you know it's a staffing agency hiring people out to other companies. What a complete waste of time. Spent like 3 hours meeting with two people going over the same information and filling out a long questionnaire.
>>
File: 1481306871190.jpg (177KB, 600x774px) Image search: [Google]
1481306871190.jpg
177KB, 600x774px
Tell me what this picture means, /biz/
>>
>>1805605
>>1805547
>Preferably some IT type of job, something with computers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE

i feel like this applies to you
>>
>>1805709

Maybe

I've done some C++ programming and touched surface of memory management with x86 ASM though, I understand I'm no genius but I think it puts me above the normie computer kids

I'm very interested in the graphics pipeline, memory management, and machine learning (inb4 le neural meme)

My dream job would be working with an expert in one of those fields and learning from him, like him being my mentor
>>
>>1805672
>>1805678
Maybe talk to your local Air Force recruiter and see what you qualify for
>>
>>1805715

That's all well and good but the vast majority of people who actually have Qualifications in IT or software engineering cant code for shit let alone people who pick it up as a hobby. I am 99% sure you fall into that camp.

example solve this simple programming example that has been used in interviews for 20 years and is a sure fire way to weed out "normie computer kids" from people who MIGHT BE actually good in programming.

"Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print "Fizz" instead of the number and for the multiples of five print "Buzz"

if you cant do this extremely basic shit then you have no hope at getting any sort of job relating to what you described unless you stop slacking and do some actual programming work, if so congrats your not retarded but if you want to get into that sort of stuff you need a higher education qulification to back it up employers are not gonna take your word on this shit when they have millions of computer grads to pick from
>>
>>1805742
Well seeing that you learn hello world, modulo operator and loops in the beginnig of every coding tutorial i cannot see how anybody would fail at this.
>>
>>1805742
_=$=+!![];$__=((_$={})+'')[_+$+_+$+_];__$=((![])+'')[$];_$_=((_$={})+'')
[_+$+_+$+_+$];____=[][$__+((_$={})+'')[$]+(($)/(![])+'')[$]+$__+__$+_$_];$__$=(!![]+"")
[$+$+$]+([][(![]+"")[$+$+$]+(+[]+{})[$+$]+(!![]+"")[$]+(!![]+"")[+[]]]+"")[($+$)+""+
($+$+$)]+(![]+"")[$]+(![]+"")[$+$];$_$_=____()[$-$][$__$]("\"\\"+($)+($+$+$+$+$+$+$)+
($+$)+"\"");_$=(![]+'')[$-$]+([][[]]+[])[$+$+$+$+$]+$_$_+$_$_;$_=(_+{})[$+$+$]+(!![]+'')
[_+$]+$_$_+$_$_;_--,$$=$+$;____()[$-$][$__$]((![]+"")[+[]]+(+[]+{})[$+$]+(!![]+"")[$]+
"(;++_;)$$$=!(_%("+($$+$$+$)+")),____()[+[]][__$+((![])+'')["+($+$)+"]+((!![])+'')["+
($+$+$)+"]+((!![])+'')[+!![]]+_$_](!(_%("+($$+$)+"))?$$$?_$+$_:_$:$$$?$_:_);");
>>
>>1805742
I'm sure that someone who is masochistic enough to learn a bit of x86 asm knows how to program
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.