[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Sam's club and Costco make you get a membership?,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1483810887426.png (33KB, 566x557px) Image search: [Google]
1483810887426.png
33KB, 566x557px
Why do Sam's club and Costco make you get a membership?, wouldn't they sell more if they didn't had that requirement?
>>
>>1805451

They wouldn't sell more than the money they get from selling those memberships.
>>
>>1805451
>wouldn't they sell more if they didn't had that requirement?

No.

Without the fee they have to charge more to turn a profit. With it they charge less and gain very loyal customers.
>>
Before asking questions like this, realize that companies like Costco have incredibly intelligent people advising, running and planning their business. They know what they're doing. They know how to maximize profits. They have undoubtedly compared scenarios and optimized their membership price as to gain the most profit from sales and membership revenue.

Tldr if you're asking this question kys
>>
>>1805475
I know, they know what they are doing. But i want to know the reason, i couldn't find any info in google.

>>1805462
Yeah, that was what i was thinking. Using the money they get with the memberships to offer better deals to their customers (and loyalty).
>>
That fee is the reason so many people like to shop there.

Sam's Club is owned by Walmart, but you'll notice they have distinctly different customers. You don't see any homeless or dindus in Sams, Same for Costco.

People are willing to pay more to get away from the trash. This is why Whole Foods is becoming so popular now.
>>
>>1805451

No.

The small fee incentivises the member to shop there and only there.

Plus they feel like they are part of a club that won't allow the vagrants that walmart attracts
>>
>>1805451
the fee is immaterial, as are the savings to some extent.

their primary customer base is small business owners that write the cost of the fee and the goods purchased as business expenses.

we also shop for personal items there because- fuck it, if my business has to pay for a membership I might as well save $500 on my next 70" TV.

but anyways, business owners don't approach business expenses the way an individual might. I don't pay for my Sam's membership, my customers do. Or more correctly, my business does.
>>
>>1805530
This.. Charging even a small fee make people feel like, well I paid for it so I might as well use it and not waste it.. It's good marketing IMO.. Literally the customers are paying for their reverse marketing campaign.. And yes it does seem to keep the trash out for the most part.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.