[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here actually work in a office setting? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 20140117_102944.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20140117_102944.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Does anyone here actually work in a office setting? What's it like working in a cubical?

I work in retail right now, but I got a job at an insurance company as a admin. Should I go for it?
>>
Worlds better than beeing a retailcuck
Imho office jobs are the most comfy ones
>>
>>1805377
Do you work in one?
I'm really thinking about going for it. Even though it's only an assistant admin job, I feel like that job will take me a lot future in life than just being a retailcuck
>>
>>1805367

Very much depends on the company culture.

Some offices are cruisy, good fun, good banter, relaxing, everyone's there to get shit done
Other offices feel like you're working in a panopticon and the tiniest error in detail will destroy you
>>
I work in an office for a Fortune 500 company. I know when I work and generally how long, though I'll usually put in 42-45 hours a week. We will sit in the office all day unless there are training exercises-rare, or potlucks/get-togethers in the commons, less rare.

Some people get their work done as they get it, others will talk and talk and talk and you wonder how they get anything done.

Overall it's all about your manager/supervisor, they can make or break it.

Source: I get paid $45k for data/content management which mostly equates to typing a lot and knowing how to save and copy PDFs.

Also we get holidays off and vacation time, 401k, etc benefits.
>>
>>1805455
Are you a paralegal
>>
>>1805467
Nope, I support marketing for a couple manufacturers under a corporation.
>>
>>1805367

Opinions vary.

I hated it. I don't like feeling cramped in a box and don't like being micromanaged. Thats often what you get in cubical jobs.

But I only had one experience and it was bad.

The movie Office Space is painfully accurate when it comes to office jobs and cubicle jobs.
>>
>>1805497
What do you do?
>>
>>1805367
I work for a very small consulting firm and I am generally happy here. As with any job, a lot of it depends on how well you fit in with the company's culture. I'm not huge on socializing with my coworkers and that actually works pretty well at my company. On days when I'm not meeting with clients, its possible I can go my whole workday barely talking to anyone, which is totally fine with me. People here are friendly and I have no problem asking for help or bouncing ideas off of my coworkers but we're pretty business focused. You can see how this could be really good for some personality types but really terrible for others.
>>
I work in an office, but I have my own office. I can jerk off if I want to. Cubicles are bad but open offices are the worst.

The key is to get a private office.
>>
>>1805564
This is a good idea

I found an open office to be pretty bad, you end up having to watch out of "that one guy" all day, you know the type, that goes out of his/her way to fuck everyone else over.
>>
>>1805564
I'd prefer an open office to cubicles. Cubicle always just feel... dead and dystopian. It's like all the downsides of an open office combined with the downsides of your own room.

I'm almost sure I'll end up at an open-office job for awhile too, since I'm mostly interested in cs and finance.
>>
>>1805535

I worked at a payroll company
>>
Does anyone here browse 4chan while they're at work?
>>
>>1805934
Yes. Somebody even asked what weird site is that..
>>
>>1806895
Fug. You were at least on a sfw board, right?
>>
>>1807249
Yep. But my colleagues are all stupid bitches. I think they never saw an imageboard until then
>>
I'm a solutions officer at a credit union. I basically do legal paper work for repossessions and foreclosures and calling the people to let them know their property is being repossessed or foreclosed and try to work out a payment plan. Been here 2 years since I graduated in Accounting with a CPA and make $65K base salary. I work 9AM-5:30PM Mon-Fri and 9AM-12PM Saturday.
>>
>>1807432
Does it suck working so much?
What kind of benefits do you get?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.