[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am starting a business (pest control) and am about $2,000 short

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1486760866629.jpg (11KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1486760866629.jpg
11KB, 250x242px
I am starting a business (pest control) and am about $2,000 short (I need to start before summer or else I won't be able to break even by year's end). I do not qualify for the minimum personal loan I could find and family is wealthy but cheap as fuck and they all think no self started business can succeed. How the fuck do I come up with the money?
>>
>>1804429
Bump
>>
What do you need it for and are you working a job now?
>>
make new friends
>>
>>1804469
Licenses, truck and the necessary insurance for the vehicle and business. I work for another company right now and divert literally all of my check except for bills to pay for things but I am still going to not have quite enough
>>
>>1804429
Get a silent partner, and agree to equity interest. Better to do a LLC.
>>
>>1804472
By friends do you mean investors or actual friends who will throw me a loan that I can pay off whenever?
>>
>>1804494
I am doing an LLC (have a business partner who is also investing all pay from their current position) how would I go about finding a silent partner?
>>
>>1804429
Check to see if there are any business incubators in your area.

If you start a business, be prepared to sleep in your office until you return a profit.

You need to read a book of accounting for non accounts.
>>
>>1804508
Put out an ad, or network with people who are looking to invest. Most people have 2k lying around.
>>
>>1804513
Any recommended places to look? Also what would be fair for an investment of $2k? I don't want to make an unfair offer and I also don't want my investor to take most of the profits.
>>
>>1804429
How much have you put in yourself?
>>
>>1804685
At this time? Around $2,000, I only make about $1,000 every two weeks after taxes though,
>>
>>1804745
Oh, my partner has also contributed $800 (I make significantly more than them).
>>
>>1804620
I’ve invested privately with local companies in the past. When investing in small self-started businesses, I think it’s best for everyone if the investor doesn’t eat up most of the profits.

I take on a role as a part owner in the business. My usual terms are like this:

- 25% of profits until investment is paid back
- 2-5% of profits after that (dependent on size of the investment)
>>
>>1804861
Thanks for the advice. That sounds perfectly fair
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.