[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"If-if I start working hard and having good habits and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image_3.jpg (32KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
32KB, 400x280px
>"If-if I start working hard and having good habits and ignoring internet time wasting then I'll definitely become one of the cool, smart, rich people!!!1"

Wrong. I've spent significant time at two of the world's top 5 universities (one of them as an undergraduate) and many of the most accomplished students were just as disorganised and "dysfunctional" (by self-help standards) as the worst of the worst students in my high school.

I'm not saying they don't do the work. They do. But they also waste gigantic amounts of time on the internet and procrastinate for extreme amounts of time that I didn't previously consider viable while still doing impressive things while getting good grades (research publications during undergrad, businesses, running student societies with large memberships and budgets).
>>
Let copers cope by thinking getting rich isnt luck.
>>
yeah the difference is the accomplished ones are incredibly productive in the time that they work.

this is the /biz/ redpill
>>
>College
>Not spending time on the internet during the biggest tech boom since 2000

Sounds like youre just a fucking retard that can't think for themself.

Made 150k so far this year selling shitty iPhone cases on various forms of social media.

Enjoy paying back your stupid loans dipshit.

Learn to entrepreneur.
>>
>>1804133
Isn't it obvious? its just social darwinism in play. The strong tramples over the weak. Nature doesn't pick sides who survives or who dies.
>>
>>1804133
>I've spent significant time at two of the world's top 5 universities (one as an undergraduate)
Yeah so have I and a good handful of other people.
One answer is that we don't sleep as much and when we do study we study productively. And we're not so dumb either, which doesn't hurt.
>>1804200
This is important.

Also, when you're walking from place to place, or listening to something, the back of your head should still be "working" in a sense. That can mean figuring out business solutions, thinking about a problem from your studies, making future plans and deciding how to execute them, etc.
The ones who are successful at this will obsess over these things in the back of their minds while doing just about anything else.
>>
>>1804133
Well yeah alot of it's about raw ability.

An intelligent person with the right attributes could make alot of money just casually trading shitcoins, while someone else might work hard as hell 60 hours a week for years and end up with fuck all.
>>
I'm in the Ma/PhD Biostatistics program at Brown University, I have an Assistantship that completely covers tuition and a $2,000/mo stipend. My job prospects are ridiculous, I'm on year 3 and I've been approached by a Philadelphia consulting firm that's offered by 150k based and 2% commission (the contracts range from 2 million - 80 million). I've been very, very successful in college.

And I procrastinate heavily. I look at /biz/ and /fit/, I watch shitty old cartoons, I don't wake up until 11 am each day.

Do you know why this isn't a problem for me? Because I'm fairly smart AND I'm a 'normy'. I'm a 8/10 (realistically) with a winning smile. I scored a 35/36 on my ACT the first time, without studying or trying particularly hard. I never try. Everything I do is easy and everyone I meet loves me.

I'm not saying any of this to brag, I'm just adding context - if you aren't decently good looking, sociable in the extreme, and more clever than most - then you better be waking up at 5:30 am 7 days a week to hit the books.
>>
File: 1486995229031.jpg (134KB, 800x1246px) Image search: [Google]
1486995229031.jpg
134KB, 800x1246px
>>1804517

What if you sociable and clever, but average looking?
>>
>>1804135
...if i believed that getting rich was luck i would literally eat a shotgun...

Its why i have 4 fucking jobs and try to fix my credit daily
>>
>>1804210
Fuck...

How...?
>>
>>1804517
european newfriend here
what does ACT stand for?
>>
File: 234265436543634.jpg (44KB, 915x960px) Image search: [Google]
234265436543634.jpg
44KB, 915x960px
>>1804517
THATS IT I'm cutting my wrists tonight
>>
>>1804695
It's an alternative to the SAT we have in the states. Taken by high school students to get into college. 36 is the max possible score. It's worth the exact same as the SAT, just an alternate test that pretty much all colleges which require SATs will accept.
>>
>>1804517
I happen to work in a consulting company in Philadelphia, seriously.

Would you mind telling me which one you are referring to? There's a strong chance.
>>
>>1804716
I'm gonna guess Accenture
>>
>>1804760
Nope. We do actuarial consulting for insurance firms.
>>
>>1804707

Don't believe on his shitposts.
>>
I'm a short 6/10 so I decided it was just my lot in life to steal what I want from the successful handsome people. It's working out pretty well.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.