[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me how to find an investor. * I'm a programmer. *

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: invest.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
invest.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Tell me how to find an investor.

* I'm a programmer.
* I have a solid idea for a niche software product/service. There are competitors in the space but mine would have certain significant advantages.
* I have the skills to implement this idea.
* I work freelance so would be almost immediately available to work on it.
* It is not something I could (or would want to) do in my spare time.
* It would be sold as a subscription service and the nature of the product means that a high rate of lock-in is likely; i.e once it is in place it is likely that the customer would not want to move away or could even be effectively forced to stay in many/most cases.

I estimate I would need around $13,000 to fund my daily life for the duration I would work on it. Then there would be marketing of course. Running costs would be fairly minor and would scale well with the client base, so those wouldn't be much of a concern.

Does anyone fund this kind of thing? How would I even start approaching anyone?
>>
>>1803420
a bank. get a loan.
>>
>>1803446
No, I want someone else to shoulder the risk in exchange for a significant revenue share. I.E a traditional investor.
>>
>>1803458
no
>>
>>1803458
>No, I want to spend someone else's money to shoulder my risk in exchange for an imaginary revenue share. I.E a a sucker.
>>
>>1803477
The hypothetical investor knows the market and would decide for themselves whether there is going to be enough revenue from it to be worth their risk. I have no intentions of conning anyone.
>>
>>1803483
there's no market in feeding a useless neet
>>
>works freelance
>wants $13,000
>idea isn't something I want to do in my free time
>>
>>1803484
I am currently in gainful (self-)employment. I've noticed an opportunity in the market and I want to find out how I could exploit it.

>>1803488
Yes, that's about the sum of it.
>>
File: 0Dmg9F1.png (387KB, 610x457px) Image search: [Google]
0Dmg9F1.png
387KB, 610x457px
Step 1. Build the most basic version of your product.

Step 2. get people to use it, figure out what they like and what they dont like.

Step 3. Tweak your product. Fix the bugs, increase how sticky your product is with customers.

Step 4. Repeat steps 2-3 until you start picking up momentum. See if you're actually solving their problems, are your customers/users using it to make money? Then figure out how to much to charge your biggest users.

Step 5. Take these numbers and start asking family and friends for capital. You should use this capital to hire on support staff and anything else that can speed up growth that you've already built.

Step 6. use that money to scale up, start looking for real investors at this point. While you hire on people that you can delegate work to, you're in a place to start taking on real investment.

Step 7. Present your data, metrics to investors. Get used to having to focus on this a lot, its not easy and it takes time to find the right investor. You should have been developing networking skills from day one to get to this point.

There you go. Short answer is that you dont need a fucking investor. Just go and do it.
>>
What's your 'great' idea, OP?
>>
>>1803458
traditional investors won't bite unless you have a history of already providing decent returns.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.