[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know you're in the right career path? Or if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

How do you know you're in the right career path?
Or if you're getting paid enough for your job?
And is it better to be hired by government than being hired by private company or freelancing?
>>
>>1802400
All of this is personal preference.

Are you currently operating drone mode OP? I just started waging to save some money and I'm feeling it myself.
>>
>How do you know you're in the right career path?

For some people it feels right when they are doing it. Others only realize it when they try something else and realize that they need to go back.

>Or if you're getting paid enough for your job?

Few jobs pay well enough for the work you do, but if you don't mind your lifestyle or what you're on track to do for yourself long term then it's good.

>And is it better to be hired by government than being hired by private company or freelancing?

Generally yes. I'd tier them with salaried government work with benefits at the top, then freelancing, then private company, then "independent contractor" "freelancing" for a private company.
>>
>>1802400

How badly do you feel?

If you feel worse than 'average', you're probably on the wrong path.
>>
>>1802414

I know this feel.

I'm saving so I can quit my job at the end of the year.

I'd like to find another job first, but I'm more than willing to just have a 'sabbatical' while looking for another job.
>>
>>1802400
I don't know if u ever do anon.

Took my first vacation day in 15 years to interview for the job i have now.

Worst job i ever had for 3 years paid shit and sucked dick. Swore i would never do it again and when i couldnt find a minimum wage job in 1 week i took this one as a temo till i could find another job. Best fucking thing i will ever do. Still want to beat people daily but there are times i truly love my job and bosses...

A gamble changed my life.

I will work her and retire or die at work.

Just do the best you can and i say (for me) if 50% of the time i can roll out of bed and not wanna eat a shotgun... u can settle. I did. I almost never regret it.

Btw. I got $3 in raises year one. $2 the last 2. I get 2 weeks of vacation this year. Taking a curise and crashing on my bros new couch in vegas.

Just pic a direction and fly bro. If u hate it, weifh the consequences and jump overboard.

I dropped out of college twice.

Make 60k a year.

Ive done shit work for shit pay and cool work for good pay. All over the map from factories to fast food to manager jobs.

Just take a couple days, kick back, think about what is important, and dive in. If it sucks more than a few consecutive weeks and u would rather kill yourself than go to school or work, tell em to fuck off and do something else.

(Job hopping is bad.)

Fucking please... job hopping because u are a pussy bitch repeatedly yes. Bit i have had over 30 jobs and at 31 i pretty much pulled my dick out at the interview.

Talking over the bed of a toyota pickup my now boss said before we get started i want 100% honesty no matter what. And u will get it in return. K. Wtf ever.

>u have a problem with anyone in town?
Yup. Gonna bury my brother in law and a dude that my mom dated 10 years ago has a pa on me.
>are u normally violent?
Nope...
>do you drink
Fuck yeah. Every day. Never at work. Put a kazzoo in my truck if u want
>do you have reliable transportation to and from work 1/2
>>
>>1802400
2/2

Nope...
>bu-but u were late i can see your truck broke down on the highway!
Yup, and it will beat me home from this interview and i will either have it running or know wtf is wrong with it. I'll bet this job on it.
>laughs and jist stares.
Blankly stairs back.
>chitchat bullshit.
>>
>>1802400
3/2 faggot shot internet.
Semi and lowboy pulls up.
3 anons jump out.
1 tries start truck while 2 move truck and prepare for load.
3rd mechanic couldnt start truck. No power brakes or steering rockets down a hill at some boards. Hoping they are evenly spaced. Knowing he may not stop in time. Knowing he may roll it at 30. Knowing he may miss a board by an inch and rear end a semi trailer...
>my hero driver happens to be my dad. Aka superman.
Leaves.
>interviewer says when can u start?
> i say i'ma give my faggot employers 2 weeks notice because thats only right. Then i want a week off then i will start. And i want $2 mor an hour than you offered and 10 hours of over time a day.

>uhhh...

Dad pulls into gate laughing. Unloads truck. It's running.

Says and i quote "your left tank is full of rust and shit u fucking faggot. All u needed was to switch tanks and inline filters. Flush out your tanks every 25 uears before you fucking bother me again. Lays on air horn and drives off laughing.
>dumbfounded...
>k, y-your hired...?

3 years in march.
Never forget that shit till i die.
>>
>>1802414
>drone mode
Autopilot.
It's more of a suffocating work environment, with unappreciated effort.
And being at the mercy of subhumans whims.
>>1802415
I've done quite few jobs, the one I felt most comfortable with was carpentry, though the pay was very low.
>>1802416
Well, it's the only job my degree allow me to do.
And because of my government's law I'm required to serve a certain amount of years working for the government before I can resign.
>>1803595
I wish I can take a vacation.
>60K a year
I'm making 7K a year, what do you do?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.