[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, college faggot here. In my first year doing general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1409426389323.png (325KB, 320x454px) Image search: [Google]
1409426389323.png
325KB, 320x454px
Hey /biz/, college faggot here.
In my first year doing general education courses, and I have some questions you may be able to answer well enough.

Is a bachelor's in accounting going to be worth it?
Is this a flooded field?
Would finance be the better option?
Is there a chance to make big bux in the future?

I'm a lost retard and computer science is my current major.
Thanks in advance.
>>
pls help
>>
>>1801645
finance is pretty much just an upgraded version of accounting

harder courses, harder certification exams, a little worse job market (accounting is god tier in this area), but moderately higher pay and less overall wageslavery

just take a class or two to find out if you like it or not instead of asking an Malaysian basket weaving forum for career advice
>>
>>1802001
How is the market for finance?
>>
>>1802474
as long as you get your CFA you should be fine

its always good to pick up some other skills just to separate yourself from the crowd
>>
Stay on IT and take some finance classes

You fags get more coveted than us biz fags. Mostly because some of you actually have a functioning brain
>>
>>1802474

I'm studying for level 2 right now.

This shit is no joke, if you want to go the CFA route then you better be committed.

And have an adderall prescription.
>>
>>1802001
Someone on reddit told me accounting degrees are more rigorous and finance degrees are a meme. Did they lie to me because they're a accountant with buyer's remorse?
>>
>>1803715
Unless you go to a Top 20 school that's heavily recruited by IB firms, there's really no point in studying finance. You have to be the best and the brightest, and in all probability you are not that. Accounting is safe, prestigious, if not somewhat boring, and it makes decent money. Also, you would be an actual licensed professional and your skills will always be in demand. I graduated with a dog shit GPA of 3.3 and I still got picked up.
As far as finance being an upgraded version of accounting, idk. Maybe the actual accounting aspect of it, but your job is usually auditing or tax, and neither of those have much if any overlap with traditional finance roles.
>>
>>1801645
Double major in Accounting and Business Administration with an Emphasis in Finance. Lots of jobs available.
>>
>>1801645
Honestly, do it. Accounting is a major that normies avoid because it is too much numbers and shit.

But it is easy money. Even if you don't work in accounting, someone in business will hire you. I am a software tester and make 40k/year. (That is in Montana, more populated states you will make a bit more I think.)

Like someone else said, there is prestige in it.

People are like "Oh you're an accounting major? You're so smart!!!" But it's really not that hard.
>>
>>1803729
I don't want to be a wageslave, which should I do? Or at least which one is less boring wageslavery
>>
>>1803729
>3.3
>dogshit

you might have a bit of trouble looking for grad schools at 3.0-3.3, but other than that it's perfectly fine
>>
>>1804097
All wageslavery is horrible boredom. Its all a matter of choosing the safest and most lucrative fields. Get used to it, dude. You're an adult now and you have to make adult choices. That "study and work what you love" meme will result in you being a brokefag.

>>1804171
Nah I had a guaranteed admission to my school's grad program but I decided to just go straight into working. There was no point if I already had a job lined up. I also didn't want to pick up another $50K in student loans. I got off relatively light at $30K and I'm not gonna push my luck.
>>
>>1804961
not bad mate

how did you get the job? i'm afraid nobody will pick me up until i get a CPA
>>
>>1804961
How's your life now? Are you happy? Can I at least retire young?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.