[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad to go into an interview with a beard/well trimmed stubble?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (177KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
177KB, 1160x629px
Is it bad to go into an interview with a beard/well trimmed stubble?

Is clean shaven still the only way to go for corporate America?

I've had a beard pretty much all my adult life, not hipster lumberjack shit, just too lazy to cut it completely. I trim it up, and it's not patchy, but I still feel pressured into shaving before an interview.

How are beards looked upon in the business world?
>>
>>1801097
>How are beards looked upon in the business world?
You look like a lazy faggot.

Unless you are interviewing to be a bike mechanic, just fucking shave it off.
>>
>>1801107
t. beardlet
>>
>>1801097
Meh, I went to an interview having not shaved for 3 months. I look handsome as fuck with a beard.
>>
>>1801097
Dyel

You probably look like a skinny little faggot with a beard. You probably talk about your beard publicly. It's a part of your identity to compensate for your nu-maleness but it's still new to you and you're insecure about it.
>I can grow a beard
>can you even grow a beard

A real man with the correct testosterone level wouldn't even pause to make a thread like this. THAT is the reason you'll fail in business. Beards are for closers.
>>
Post the beard
>>
>>1801107
Or a brewer. All brewers have beards.
>>
>>1801097

Beards are for terrorists.
>>
it depends if you can pull it off or not. if it looks out of place you wont get hired.

and for the love of god dont do that millennial shit where you shave the mustache and keep the beard like Abe Lincoln. If you cant grow a mustache you cant grow a beard
>>
>>1801097
I never had a problem with it. Three jobs in client-facing roles with a beard. It's well-kept and close, though.

Just be sure it's actually a good beard and not some neck beard faggot bullshit.
>>
>>1801126
See these? These are the Glengarry beards.
>>
>>1801111
I literally shave every day to look like a professional.
>>
>>1801097

Depends.

I think if it is immaculately groomed and you act professional it's fine.
>>
Beards are in right now so you'll be fine as long as its not patchy or grizzly Adams.

And really, if someone won't hire you because you have a well groomed beard, not sure I'd want to work for them anyway because what other anal shit will they care about.
>>
>>1801263
The beards are shit!
>>
I wear a beard to cover scars from fighting. I'd look scary as fuck without a beard. I keep it trimmed and short with a well maintained haircut. I also work in sales.
>>
>>1801097
i don't usually shave makes me look too young almost baby faced.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.