[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know its (((guardian))) but is this real, /biz/? Are car loans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Capture+_2017-02-11-22-17-58.png (1MB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-02-11-22-17-58.png
1MB, 1440x2392px
I know its (((guardian))) but is this real, /biz/? Are car loans gonna be the reason for another crash?
>>
this or school loans
>>
>>1798484
Been claiming this for at least two years. Question is how to best bet on it? Are there CDSs for auto loans?

Side note: fuck captcha if it makes me look at Fenway one more time
>>
>>1798510
Would the loans not be concentrated with the auto dealers? They'll bear the brunt of it. I don't think these auto loans have been collateralized with anything big enough
>>
>>1798494
Not in the uk surely? They're taken automatically and only if you earn over a certain amount.
>>
The auto-bubble (across much of the West) is quite worrying indeed given the significant percentage of sub-prime auto-loans, which are just recently starting to turn bad with fairly high delinquency and default rates. Also not many people are talking about it yet, which makes it more likely to be dangerous.

Another sector that concerns me is shipping - there are a number of European banks which have relatively large exposure to bad shipping loans; especially German banks.

Truth is there are bubbles all over the global economy now due to the reckless policies of central banks keeping interest rates at or near zero for 8 years - what did everyone think was going to happen? A few years of too-low interest rates in the early 2000s allowed the housing bubble to inflate, goodness knows what 8 years of 0% has done which we're not truly aware of yet.
>>
>>1798484
Car loans won't lead the topple. Plus people don't buy cars expecting them to be worth more.
>>
>>1798484
a couple things make it different from the subprime housing market

1 trillion of the 8 trillion loan market is far less than the previous crash

houses are far harder to repossess and resell than a used car

the delinquency rating is still around 10% for car loans because the majority have better credit ratings than the subprime average
>>
>>1798484
only in europe does this matter because the entire german economy is basically cars and requires heavy subsidies to keep going at its current pace

america is fine as always
>>
>>1798865
how are cars sold in Germany?

I feel like there's enough middlemen buffers in the auto loan market to absorb the damage. Even when it hits the consumer we're talking $10k hits (vs housing of $200k hits) and the used car market would flood
>>
>>1798494

Oh it's school loans for sure.

You can often escape a car loan or just sell the car.

You can't sell a fucking degree!!!!!!!!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.