[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bogpill me in savings I'm 18 and on around £17500 a year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1483526765824.jpg (34KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483526765824.jpg
34KB, 492x419px
Bogpill me in savings

I'm 18 and on around £17500 a year

I can save 3-4k of that a year

What is the best type of savings account or investment I can make

Are stocks better? How would I buy some? I made an account in hardgeves and it was kinda complex

Sorry I'm a complete newbie.
>>
find better ways to invest in yourself. your amounts dont mean shit.

if youre gonns invest in stocks and shitx just use it as motivation to actually study financial modeling, valuation metrics, the markets, etc.

the amt really doesnt mean shit
>>
>>1797346
Seriously my anon friend, at your income you will receive more benefit from spending the money to enhance your lifestyle than 'investing'.

$3,000 per year is pathetic in terms of investing - best case scenario it'll earn you $300 - but the opportunity cost could far outweigh that - good times with friends, family, comfy clothes etc.
>>
Help to Buy ISA my friend

Save all your money in there, wait for the housing market to crash then purchase a house
>>
>>1797346
Invest some of it in yourself and put the rest in a savings account. Just don't spend it on stupid shit and keep saving. Having money saved is always a good thing, just look at it as an emergency fund.
>>
>>1797346

If you want to retire at 55, dollar cost average into SIPP

BestInvest SIPP, 50% Vanguard FTSE 250, 50% US total market

If you are ok to retire at 60, use a Lifetime ISA
>>
if you're using a LISA to save for a house, buy a passive stocks & bond fund, otherwise stocks might be too depressed when you want to buy a home
>>
>>1797479
What makes you think its going to crash
>>
Keep an emergency fund in high interest current accounts. Use http://bankaccountsavings.co.uk - very nice calculator

open a stocks and shares ISA, put in x per month and invest in nice passive index funds

Saving for a deposit on a first mortgage?? Open a Lifetime ISA (LISA) when they come out in April, Gov will put £1k in for every £4k per year. You can also use this for your pension if you wanna wait till your 60, personally I wanna retire earlier
>>
Open a HTB ISA with £1200 and pay in up to £200 each subsequent month. When LISA's come out you'll have the option to transfer-in for no penalty in the 16/17 tax year only or alternatively have a HTB and LISA running side by side.

Open a S&S ISA. I second cheap funds. There's no reason to be buying individual stocks until you're investing at least 10k a year.

Lastly, invest in P2P. MoneyThing, Ablrate, SavingStream, Collateral, all pay around 12%.

Fuck the naysayers who say you don't have enough to invest. Start young, save regularly, and you'll be laughing your arse off later. Your income is only going to go up in time so why not start getting serious now.
>>
>>1797346
>I can save 3-4K a year

Spend that money starting a business instead, financial markets are better for richfags who can accept 2-10% returns on investment. You need to search for better opportunities with that money.

Faggots will argue here but 99% of the time stocks won't make you rich, they'll just make your richer. Even Buffet made a large portion of his wealth by trading other people's money.

I suggest offering services with high billing rates that can be done with less than 5K invested. Then if you get your schedule filled, just hire someone and make the difference in profits.

Listen to the fags here and you'll be 40 years old with 200-300K net worth max. Go chase the money and grow your operation, you'll be a millionaire in no time. Avoid debt unless youre 100% sure you can pay it back.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.