[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In America, you can get away with paying less than minimum wage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1478496320914.jpg (42KB, 496x620px) Image search: [Google]
1478496320914.jpg
42KB, 496x620px
In America, you can get away with paying less than minimum wage because the servers can get tipped
Can you also get away with paying less than minimum wage if your employees got royalties off of whatever product they helped create? For example a piece of software or something.
>>
>>1797232
To what end? You end up losing a total of 50% of profit on a multi-million dollar piece of software when you could have just paid them $18 an hour and kept the rest for yourself.

>I want to lose money cuz lawlz it saves me a little up front

tl; dr: less profitable than straight pay
>>
>>1797310
I'm just wondering if it's legally possible
>>
>>1797314
Kinda. If employees dont get enough tips to make minimum wage then they gotta make up for it. And employees lie.

Also, u can hire a bunch of mexicans for like 3 bucks and hour and work them overtime because muh agraculture doesnt pay overtime. And the government will give u and them bosth money for it. That shits probably gone now that trumo here. So no. Legally in theory u cant pay less than minimum unles you salary slave people
>>
>>1797232

No.

the only wage exemption is for food service staff.

Wish they would just change it to a flat rate and end tipping.
>>
>>1798132
Nobody is hiring mexicans for $3 an hour in the U.S. anymore - Mexicans, shit ones that can hardly do anything, cost $5.00/hr. Those are the ones that wash dishes and bus tables. If they live in a city like L.A. or Phx, then they are making about $7.00 an hour.

I know because I hire illegals.
>>
>>1797232
They don't actually get away with it. If you don't meet the minimum wage with tips then the company has to raise your pay to minimum wage.There is just the problem of keeping good tip records which is an issue for some companies and there are companies that try to break the rules occasionally.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.