[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to complete law school while working a full time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: aristotle.jpg (31KB, 388x215px) Image search: [Google]
aristotle.jpg
31KB, 388x215px
Is it possible to complete law school while working a full time job? I am speaking completely from the point of view of difficulty and effort. Will I have to be enrolled in school part time? Do they offer night classes? Paying for school won't be much of a problem with the job I will have next year. I will have an engineering degree and with a law degree I can work my way into patent law.

Dunno where else to ask this
>>
>>1797211
It's surely possible but it may prove to be rather difficult as law studies are no joke (I have a masters degree in commercial law). I know a few people who completed law school this way though, so if you want that - go for it.
>>
I actually know several people who completed their law degrees while working as police officers fulltime. I'm sure it can be done but its probably a motherfucker.
>>
I studied law in Amsterdam. And its completely possible. I followed almost all my classes in the evening. And spend only a few hours a week on studying. Except when I had an exam. Then I needed 1 to 3 days to study, for a minimal passing score. Only my thesis took a year longer than expected.

But you must read and understand all books. And you must be able to concentrate. Its mostly a matter of discipline. Which is the hardest part. Its so easy to slack off.

Being smart is a plus, but it wont save you if you dont read your books. Because you dont know anything about the subject.
>>
>>1797638
Sometimes I had like 5 tests in one week. And then I had to know 5 books from the beginning to the end. During the bachelor phase of my study I could cheat a bit by reading just my notes from class. But during the final master year not knowing everything basically meant you failed. Which was a pain.

Not sure how it is in the USA.
>>
>>1797442
>>1797597
Is law more reading and writing intensive? My buddy who has completed a law degree said that its tough but it can be done with patience.

I'm still deciding between law or a masters in engineering management. Law is a gamble and I don't really want to go through a year or two of law school just to drop out. And I'm not talking from a schoolwork point of view, I'm used to shitty deadlines and studying all night. The thought of another 4 years of hell is very intimidating.
>>
You'll burn out
>>
File: leftofboom.jpg (547KB, 1400x2129px) Image search: [Google]
leftofboom.jpg
547KB, 1400x2129px
It's possible, but you will pay a price. Burning the candle at both ends always hurts.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.