[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I invest in the stock market or meme currencies when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: sport.jpg (105KB, 1944x1296px) Image search: [Google]
sport.jpg
105KB, 1944x1296px
Why should I invest in the stock market or meme currencies when it is easier to indentify trends and safely make money on sports betting?
>>
>>1796697
do what works you faggot
>>
>>1796697
>safely make money on sports betting?
Watch the Superbowl and tell me there was a safe bet. Patriots were supposed to lose and they came out on top.

If you think sports betting is anything other than 50/50, you're delusional.
>>
>>1796727
Yeah mate fucking amazing example.
>>
>>1796727

Believe it or not, but Patriots were value at halftime. I got them at 5.5
>>
>>1796727
>If you think sports betting is anything other than 50/50, you're delusional.

It is never 50/50, there is always going to be one side with a higher likelihood of winning, the question is to what extent and whether that is sufficient to overcome the inherent edge the bookie has
>>
>>1796697

you should invest - buy and hold, either blue chip stocks or ETFs for your future... ideally within whatever tax free accounts and pension plans are allowed wherever you live

however for money you're prepared to put at higher risk through short term speculation you're probably more likely to have success with sports betting than with day trading as there are fewer sophisticated participants(due to the smaller size of the markets), plenty of 'square' lines and introductory offers. Though the low hanging fruit has limited capacity... you can soon find yourself banned from the 'square' bookies and the special offers dry up... so to carry on in sports betting becomes a bit harder and you need to find +EV opportunities at the larger off shore books
>>
>>1796751
Yeah but there's always the chance of the underdog win. One of them has to win. For all you know, the underdog you're betting against could win.
>>
>>1796697
Bet on the patriots each week and you will guaranteed win money over the course of the season.
>>
>>1796727
>one game is the same as any other game in any other sport

you're just pretending to be retarded, right?
>>
File: 1306465330602.png (308KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
1306465330602.png
308KB, 400x372px
what a retarded thread. you think u wizard bro?
>>
>>1796789
You don't fucking bet on who you think will win you dumb shit, you bet on whose expected value is less than the price given.
>>
>>1796789
WTF does that have to do with the BS claim they're '50/50'?

Obviously either side could win else you'd not be taking on any risk - that is really basic. Your previous post is still wrong though.
>>
>>1796697
so you saying investing in the market is gambling but sports betting is sure money?
>>
>>1796697
if you can reliably make money from sports betting then go ahead

nobody is stopping you, you dont have to trade stocks
>>
>>1796697
do u haev any picks for tonight's games?
>>
>>1796697
how much do you make per week from sports betting? I'm doing not so bad myself, just started 2 weeks ago.
>>
File: consumption democracy.jpg (102KB, 1264x461px) Image search: [Google]
consumption democracy.jpg
102KB, 1264x461px
>>1796697
What do you think there should be more of in the world- invest in THAT! What sucks about old companies ? What new ones can you look at now and get a nice piece of before they grow much larger? Stuff like GIGL OWCP BMXC NMUS. Rising tides known to launch small boats. 2017 year of the OTC
>>
>>1796727

Pats were actually 3.5pt favorites, and won by 6.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.