[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaf here, what is the comfiest Canadian Forces job? Preferably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Flag_of_Canada.svg.png (18KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
18KB, 1280x640px
Leaf here, what is the comfiest Canadian Forces job? Preferably one in reserve, a desk job where I can go back and forth like a pansy ass and get paid like an office drone?
>>
Even though your question is not strictly /k related, you'll probably get a more informed answer over there.
>>
Air force here, the clerk trade is probably what you're looking for but it can be pretty mind numbing.
There are a bunch of trades in the air force that have you sitting around doing nothing all day, but there's enough cool stuff going on that you won't want to kill yourself like clerk work can.

Air traffic control is probably the most "civilianized" trade in the forces in that most everyone is laid back and as an NCM you won't even be doing any hard work.
>>
I'm assuming you don't have a degree, but if you do then most officer trades also happen to be work from behind a desk and get paid twice as much.
>>
>>1795440
In Australia at least, air force is by far the comfiest. I imagine it would be similar in Canada. It's the most civilianised of the three forces. For instance, in Australia RAAF personnel never punish their people with sentences at Holsworthy military prison. Navy and army love sending their guys there, but never the RAAF. Military prison in Aus isn't like the US though, maximum sentence you can do is 28 days, and it's more like a really intense recruit school than an actual prison.
>>
>>1795538
Can confirm. AC Ops do nothing. I joined a year ago after 12 years in the private sector and I still get amazed every once in a while at how little everyone does.
>>
>>1795640

I don't know anything about the military, can you just sign up specifically to do AC or something else that's easy? Don't they just assign people without giving a choice?
>>
>>1795836
You put your top 3 choices on your application, and you'll get a call eventually with a job offer.
Since ACOp trade is always low on members, you shouldn't have a problem getting into it if you put it first.

Be prepared to be squirreled away in North Bay though.
>>
>>1795872

Is it a civilian job but working for the military? Like you just apply for the job? Or do you have to actually join the forces and go through bootcamp and all that?
>>
>>1795890
It's a regular force job, you do bootcamp for 3 months, sit around on OJT until your trades course starts, do that for 3 months and then you get your first posting.
>>
>>1795440

Trudeau's fluffer.
>>
>>1795440
Currently being medically released for autism. Being a musician is a pretty good go.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.