[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to find the most frugal kind of constructed or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMBROKE.gif (1MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMBROKE.gif
1MB, 500x376px
I'm trying to find the most frugal kind of constructed or purchased home to live in in the United States.

What regulations do I need to keep in mind with regards to minimum size and habitability to avoid being thrown out of something I've paid for?
>>
File: 1471165353905.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1471165353905.png
17KB, 120x120px
>>1795401
a house, made out of kneepads
>>
>>1795401
shipping container
>>
>>1795401
Are you actually an American citizen born & raised here or an immigrant?
>>
>>1796332

I'm born and raised, but my family lives on disability so basically my only assets are my very modest investment accounts.
>>
You can find pretty reasonable housing in most US cities apart from SF, NYC, and DC. And, if you want to essentially live for free, you can househack a duplex, tri, or quad.

Which city are you in?
>>
>>1795401

Cheapest thing is going to be to buy a dilapidated home. One that needs to be gutted.

You can get these for 50k to 70k. Meaning your mortgage will only be about $500 a month.

Then spend a few days every month fixing it up.

In a year you should have a decent home, which you can live in, or sell at a profit.
>>
>>1795401

As long as the foundation is solid and the carpentry is solid you are good to go.
>>
>>1796142
The question from here now is location/land/rent situations . I heard u need 30% down on land. Is this true ? Are there loopholes?

I tried buying land that was 30k . (The guy wanted full price ) I had 15k at the time and needed 15k loan, bank wouldn't give to me. I'm 20. What gives?
>>
>>1796779
I don't know if this is legit, but hell, a bungalow for this cheap? If it's real then god it's nice. If you have a car then you can travel to city for groceries and etc. Many people travel 30-50 min where I am to work and etc so. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-57996253.html
>>
>>1796772
This is a bad decision. Move into a mobile home, they're available for $20k for the smallest ones but $40k will get you a 1,000 square foot mobile home, no fixing up necessary.
>>
>>1796914
That's not an outright price, that's a monthly payment. $1,150 a month. Still not bad.

>>1796779
Your credit must be pretty rough. I got a $40k car loan with a credit score of 700, which is good but it's not exemplary or anything. Check your score on creditkarma
>>
>>1796779
The banks don't like raw land.
>>
>>1797113
>>1796779

You can't really 'foreclose' on land. There's no incentive for a 'flipper'.
>>
>>1796142
These are a meme.
/DIY/ has regular threads about SC fails.
Also they're toxic as fuck, there's a global oversupply of old containers this is where the meme for housing originates
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.