[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everyone. I'm a reseller on ebay and I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Ebay spread.png (10KB, 1009x178px) Image search: [Google]
Ebay spread.png
10KB, 1009x178px
Hello everyone. I'm a reseller on ebay and I've been doing well for myself so far. I'm realizing now that buying stuff that sells for less than 10 bucks on ebay isn't going to be ideal in the long run even if I sell them in volume because the profit margins I'm getting isn't worth my time and preparation. I'm kinda at a loss here. So I'm going to start buying and flipping items that cost 15 dollars or more.

The real question is what's the most I should spend on an item that sells for 15 dollars or more on ebay? Take under consideration that if I sell this item on ebay I have to minus the ebay fees which is 10%, the paypal fees which is 2.9% + $0.30, and the shipping fees which I'm shipping first class so it's $2.77. I made an excel sheet just so it makes a little sense.

What I sell isn't really important since this applies to all items, but I'll tell you one thing, it's not clothes. Thank you for your time.
>>
File: rosegold.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rosegold.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>>1793401
Rule of thumb: Do not buy an item unless you can sell it for 3x what you paid for it.

Example: Item sells for $15, do not pay more than $5

This rule applies for items which can be send first class. Heavier items require a better cost:sale price ratio as shipping items Priority is much more expensive.

t. 6,000 feedback reseller
>>
first off this is a retarded question you should be able to figure out on your own since its based on your own habits, goals, comforts, and capabilities.

>>1793414
this is a bad rule to follow for startups, small, and even medium operations

typically I'm willing to buy in to anything yielding 10% return if its under 100usd

there is no real, hard cap or rule for investment allowance based on value. It's more about "do I have enough open bankroll to work with?" and "how fast can I move it" (single items) or "How long until I break even" (qty items) that makes me decide what I'm willing to put in.

If I have 1k that I'm okay with tying up (no other inventory options or uses for it at the moment) I'll happily buy something thatll turn a 100 dollar profit in a month, or if I will break even when I sell a small portion of them then I'm all game

I'm willing to spend 10 bucks for a 50 cent profit if the workload is nothing more than "throw it in a box and print the label" as long as it moves fast

I typically come out with a 50% profit margin or better on the high note, 10% on the low. Sometimes I make a buck, other times I make a few hundred bucks. A few gem transactions have yielded thousands.

I'm not prejudice when it comes to money
>>
Protip: Its easier to make a profit and ship 1 x $100 item than it is to make a profit and ship 10 x $10 items

I'm a dropshipper and deal mainly in clothes. so my statement above means fuck all to me because I can't sell, lets say a hat for $100 but I can sell it a few times at $10... but its something to kind in mind down the line
>>
File: masi.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
masi.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1793506
>Willing to spend $10 for a 50 cent profit
Don't listen to this cuck

I don't know what kind of items you're working with, OP but I have about 50 sales a day and it takes 3-5 hours a day just to pack them.

At 50 cents profit a sale, 50 sales a day, that would only be $25. Do you really want to pack for 3-5 hours a day to make $25?

If I can't double up my money, I leave it for the scavengers. 100% ROI or bust. Don't settle for less, OP. Not unless it's going to FLY off the shelf.
>>
>>1793401
I'm a large volume seller, so I'm someone that makes thousands of sales per day with small profit on each individual sale as opposed to someone who makes a few sales per day with higher profit margins. The whole large volume thing works great for me because:

most people can't just jump and compete with me for items

my prices are low because I buy in a much higher volume

I can get a distributor to stop selling to people who fuck up pricing on items (Ex: Not knowing the pricing structure, and selling something for no profit)

A surge in bad feedback won't get me kicked from eBay/Amazon, if you sell 50 items a month and 5 people leave you negative feedback because of buyers remorse, you can get kicked and probably will. At the very best case scenario, you get limited. If I sell 1000 items a month and 12 people leave me a negative feedback (which they probably wouldn't bother to do as my item was cheap as shit to them and they aren't invested in it) then a deduction of 1.2% in feedback/customer satisfaction won't affect me, especially since eBay will delete a couple of those based on my volume.

I can ship things out 20 times faster than people who sell items with different sizes. I can order 500 boxes, get a discount on that, package 500 items (well, my employee does.) within 2-3 hours and store it prepared for shipping. No weighing and sizing each item.

I get a huge shipping cost discount over the guy that can only send out 20 items a day. In fact, I probably don't even pay half of what he does.

My turnover is better. I can get in and out of a product/investment in 60 days or less. I don't buy some antique radio or some shit and get stuck with it or lose my investment in the item.
>>
>>1793401
Something people don't talk about is the fact that low priced items sell much faster than higher priced items. I can sell an item for $7.99 200 times before I can an item for $55 item 3 times.

So, you are looking at:
7.99 x 200 = $1598 at 20% profit = $319
55 x 3 = $165 at 50% profit = $82

Deduct $50 for labor to send out 200 items in 1 day, and the high volume seller is still making more money. (I based this on the $20/hr I pay for my employees to inbound prep and ship 200 items which is an overestimation of 2.5 hours as it could likely be done in 1.5 hours)
>>
>>1793960
was an example you twit

but yes, if i could hand someone 10 bucks and get 10.50 back before the days up, that's fine by me if I didn't have any other options to utilize that 10 for the day

I never said the majority of my items are 50 cents profit, it was a lowball example to push a point. stop being fucking autistic.

My profit margin averages between 10-30 usd a sale, since you want to be a nitpicking autistic faggot. feel free to math again.
>>
>>1794250
>>1794275
overall i agree with you, but truthfully theres many items that sell like hotcakes in the middleground bracket

various trendy electronics can be in the ~50 dollar range and you can sell 10-20 a day constantly

thing is it's harder to find profitable sources to get them. thats the key.

otherwise I agree with you and i myself have started buying into various low value high volume inventory items just to test out different formats of inventory, and overall I've been pretty happy with the results.

I have an inventory item right in a box that takes up less space than a ream of printer paper in size and weighs a fraction of that. When it sales I throw one into a poly mailer and slap a label on it. I make ~1 dollar profit on it and it's about as low effort as anything can be without outsourcing work

its sweet.
>>
>>1794616
>
Yeah, there is a bunch of stuff in the middle there. I used to find myself spending hours upon hours looking for that stuff. Honestly, it was fun hunting for new items to sell and taking risks on stuff that promised good profit, like an item for $6 that I could sell for $35 but the same thing always happened. As soon as I started selling these things at a decent pace, someone else would come in and start selling it for $5 less, then someone else would come in and do the same to that seller. It was always a race to the bottom. I was fine with that, because I could just keep hunting for new items. However, when I started getting employees to help me process items, the risk factor became less fun for me. If I bought 100 of something that I expect to sell 40 of in the first month and then some dickhole comes along and lists the same item for less than I was even buying it for... then that got old fast.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.