[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have $800 credit card debt because my shitty car decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1365163010736.jpg (44KB, 389x292px) Image search: [Google]
1365163010736.jpg
44KB, 389x292px
>have $800 credit card debt because my shitty car decided to shit on me, all good now tho, will take me from Point A to Point B... eh maybe not Point C tho
>Aside from my "oh shit" auto-transfer of $1K/month, I have another surplus of $500 that I put on another savings account for what I call "life fund"
>"Life fund" is what I use to travel, party, take girls on dates with, get a hooker etc.

For some reason, that $800 debt is rustling my jimmies. Is it better if I dont save and pay off the debt ASAP? Or should I just pay a little bit monthly and save/invest the rest?
>>
Pay off the debt.
>>
>>1791227
Ok not just with my OP situation, but in general; is it really better to pay off debt before saving?

If some shit was to happen, then I wouldnt have any money. And a portion of the debt might still be around.
>>
>>1791233
Yes, it is better to pay off debts first.

How much does your interest on your debts cost you at every compounding and how much money do you make on your savings at every compounding?
>>
>>1791233
Keep a safety net, pay off the debt with money you aren't relying on. Companies keep debt and cash on hand for example so that they have liquidity.
>>
File: 1441482041092.jpg (83KB, 560x682px) Image search: [Google]
1441482041092.jpg
83KB, 560x682px
>>1791245
Wouldnt a better strategy be to focus on one thing? I am not tryna be a dick or anything, just wanna know more

I also have student loans. Its like 10k remaining from $5K, I pay $500 monthly for it. I didnt see the point of paying $2K, instead I opted to be patient.

Anon logic;
>Pay $2k/month
>3 months later, I still have $9K and I am living like a hobo and that if I lose my job on the 4th month, then I am fucked.
>So pay $500/month and keep the rest for life and when the shit really hits the fan
>>
>>1791255
>10k remaining from $5K

*from $15k
>>
>>1791224
>Is it better if I dont save and pay off the debt ASAP? Or should I just pay a little bit monthly and save/invest the rest?

top kek

You have a negative net worth and obviously don't make any money

Get the fuck out of here with your "save/invest the rest"
>>
>>1791224
What I did:
> Pay minimum student loans ($330) while I save up 5k as fast as possible ($750/mo savings)
> Pay $500 student loans while I save up to 10k while living a little better ($500/mo savings)
> Achieve 10k savings net and throw 1k at saving per month
Honestly not the best strategy, I just hate worrying about money and enjoy the knowledge I could quit my job and be okay. I make $2.3k/mo with a $610 rent and still have plenty to go out once a week with friends. Honestly living a comfy life bro. Going to pay off debt in >3 years.
>>
>>1791224
>being so poor that you can't handle an 800 dollar expense
Lmao
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.