[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about 3/4 of the way towards graduating with a degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1403738181945.jpg (10KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1403738181945.jpg
10KB, 250x231px
I'm about 3/4 of the way towards graduating with a degree in accounting. The problem is, I fucking hate accounting and finance, so much so that I just quit my last internship. Not sure what to do with myself. Any advice?
>>
>>1789091
Suck it the fuck up and go be some partner's bitch.
You should've thought about this last year. You're way too late to change course unless you're willing to shell out however much money you'll need to get another degree.
>>
>>1789101
I don't want to change course. I've accepted that I will graduate with an accounting degree. The question now is, what do I do afterwards? I won't have any debt. I'm a bigger guy, more accustomed to hands-on work. Should I look into trades or just accept my fate of rotting in an office chair for the rest of my life?
>>
>>1789105
Don't accept it fuck that if you don't like it, maybe try for some other grad job?
>>
>>1789108
Some other grad job?
>>
>>1789091
Become a contract killer
>>
>>1789105
>Should I look into trades
well you've got the right basis to make it big owning a business. Trades are the most common place for business owners to become moderately wealthy. And college grads are the ones that get wealthy most often.

you could just as well start your own accounting firm though. Owning a plumbing business doesn't mean you have to cut pipe. Owning an accounting firm doesn't mean you have to do accounting.
>>
>>1789113
>well you've got the right basis to make it big owning a business

Can you expand on what you mean by this?
>>
>>1789105
The problem with trades is twofold for me:
1. I fucking hate being around the uneducated and the lazy
2. You're only fit to work as long as you still have your limbs. If you break your arm or fuck up your knee, you're proper fucked.

>>1789113
He can't just open up his own practice. He doesn't have the skills, the connections, and most importantly the CPA.
>>
>>1789116
I'll have 150 hours so I can start working towards passing the CPA after graduating.
>>
>>1789115
>Can you expand on what you mean by this?
Most successful business owners are college grads and all business owners require at least some knowledge of accounting. The more the better.

>>1789116
>He doesn't have the skills, the connections, and most importantly the CPA.
True, he'd have to work for a little while. And if he sucks at it he'd have to work for a long while.

but people don't usually pick a skilled profession with the goal of being an employee for life. Starting or joining a biz is the endgame of a lot of college degrees.
>>
>>1789125
A lot of my friends are engineers. I've envisioned getting them together to create an automation consulting company that would advise clients on how they could use automation (robots, etc.) to grow their business. Is that a retarded idea?
>>
>>1789129
>Is that a retarded idea?
I have no clue, but I usually gauge the quality of business ideas by how many others are doing it already.

You probably don't want to be the last ice man and you definitely don't want to be the first. Check the market for both demand and people meeting it.
>>
>>1789117
You need to work under a licensed CPA for two years fulltime in order to certify.
I hope you have a job lined up.
>>
>>1789152
True. I've worked in an office of a large company, with several supervisors who were also CPA's (UPS). I don't think it will be too hard for me to find a gig like this again. GE offered to interview me for an internship a couple weeks ago, but I declined since I want to focus on school at the moment. They told me to apply again when I feel ready. So I guess I'll try to get in there. I know they have plenty of CPA's too.
>>
>>1789105

perfect degree to start your own business.

you willshift from office to hands-on work everyday and if the office jobs still gets too much just hire another guy to do it and do more hands-on work.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.