[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend has a political science degree from UCSD and wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: sun-flower-1536088_960_720.jpg (107KB, 960x629px) Image search: [Google]
sun-flower-1536088_960_720.jpg
107KB, 960x629px
My boyfriend has a political science degree from UCSD and wants to go to DC to get an internship in politics (related to law) or business.
He applied to a competitive internship through his school but didn't make the cut.

How can I help him find other internship positions/opportunities in DC?
Are there sites for this kind of thing?
Will he have the most luck just working with the career services department of his college to find connections? Could I also work through my college to find a connection for him?
>>
>>1789005
>boyfriend
Post tits
>>
>Is he white?
Yes

>Does he not network?
Get to it
>>
>>1789009
yes, he's white

he's the president of his fraternity so I'm sure he has some connections- but he's specifically looking for something in DC.

do you have any tips on how he can go about utilizing his fraternity to end up in DC?
>>
>>1789011
Does he still have his fraternity branded kneepads?
>>
File: 147008360448.jpg (35KB, 480x492px) Image search: [Google]
147008360448.jpg
35KB, 480x492px
Fuck off roastie.
>>
>>1789019
yeah, he never sucks cock without them.

can i have some real advice please guys :(
He just got his rejection letter and I want to cheer him up by showing him other great opportunities.
>>
>>1789005

Find a man that doesn't need a girlfriend to get him opportunities in life.

Why can't he network on his own and yet be allowed to lead a frat, is he retarded?

OP Post your tits or stop dating losers
>>
>>1789029
He doesn't need me to, I'm just trying to be helpful and supportive and optimistic since he's struggling right now.

It's not wrong for me to want to help if I can.
>>
>>1789031

Here's a thought, if he wants to go to DC, stop being in SD. Why isn't he in DC?
>>
>>1789031
>I'm just trying to be helpful and supportive and optimistic since he's struggling right now.

So either you're ugly and he validates you, or you are investing in him long term as a cash cow.

You'd be better off selling the presents he gives you and buying coin when it dips
>>
>>1789038
I am not ugly, and I'm going to be a dentist so I couldn't care less about his income. I want to help him succeed because he only feels happy when he feels successful, and I want him to be happy.

I understand that in your experience many of the women you'be encountered are likely shallow and greedy, but I encourage you to stretch your perception and believe for a moment that there are women who are caring and supportive just because they want the person they love to be happy.

I don't need or deserve your help or advice, but I would appreciate it.

>>1789037
So it's ok for him to move to D.C. with zero job prospects? I'm not a business person but that sounds kind of risky
>>
>>1789055
4 chan isn't exactly the best place to ask for this, 90% of this board are NEET's

If i was your bf i woud contact the office of a politician who is on the level i want (city department,state level,lobbying,etc) and ask him/her on advice
People love to give advice, and politicians the most of all.

Also did he only apply through his school? You will probably have more luck if you search for " internships in Washington dc "

You're probably still young but this is exactly the sort of situations you network for, ask everyone you know if they have an opportunity or if they know someone who has

Politics isn't exactly my bread and butter so i can't help much more.
>>
>>1789120
okay, thank you very much for your advice
>>
>>1789005
>political science
>employment
Nice try.
>>
In my state the government posts all jobs they currently need filled, so search DC's state website or Google a bit and you can probably find it.
It's not too hard, took me a few minutes to find my state's list.
>>
>>1789667
>t. Highschool dropout
>>
>>1789005
He doesn't have to start off in DC. It's like an investor starting off on Wall Street. Work your way up. Trump's permanently destroying politics anyway, so very soon it won't matter.
>>
>>1789005
>thinking he was gonna start in DC when he went to school at UCSD

Lol. The only ones who start at DC or Wall Street after graduation are people who graduated from Ivy League schools. As >>1789985 said, get experience through "lower" jobs and move your way into jobs at DC.

>My boyfriend has a political science degree from UCSD
>Political Science

I hope he's getting his master's degree and even his PhD.
>>
>>1789005
Tell him go out and fucking meet people.
>move to DC
>Be poor
>figure it out
Jobs aren't fucking free samples at the grocery store, tell him to go make it happen.
Btw dc is shit to live in.

t. Family in DC
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.