[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it still profitable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: EBay_logo.png (9KB, 1100x480px) Image search: [Google]
EBay_logo.png
9KB, 1100x480px
Is it still profitable?
>>
>>1789074
why not
>>
>>1789078
Because people will fuck you over all the time and ebay doesnt do anything about it. I know people who actually lost money selling stuff on ebay because people complain and want their money back and of course you have to pay for shipping and all that and then maybe you get your item back in one piece, if not its your problem. Do not even bother,
>>
>>1789086
The trick is to sell shit that's cheap (e.g posters, stickers) so if someone does complain, which is 1 in every 50 customers, you only lose maximum $10 in stuff.
>>
>>1789094
>which is 1 in every 50 customers
Lol where do you have those numbers from?
>>
>>1789099
40 months of data
>>
>>1789086

professional ebayer reporting in

I've been at it for ~5 years "professionally" and have been scammed all of twice (where i actually come out with a loss).

beyond that there's been a handful of times where non-scam issues cause me to take a loss (lost/damage packages, mistake on my part, etc) but that type of thing comes with the territory in literaly any retail / selling physical goods operation

Taking an occasional loss is a reality ALL businesses have to accept. If you cant handle that then maybe you should just keep flipping burgers or manning the registers for others.

With that said, ebaying doesnt deal with much more loss than any other operation. if you can't handle a loss here and there then perhaps you just have *really* shitty inventory

>>1789094
>which is 1 in every 50 customers

I'd say about 1 in 50 customers is a "shitty customer" ie complain about shipping taking more than 2 days, get mad because a used item isnt brand spanking new, etc. Only a fraction of those try to scam me, and only a fraction of that fraction ever succeed. eBay is actually pretty good at taking care of their sellers for most cases, you just need to be a regular seller.
>>
>>1789173
What do you sell if you don't mind me asking? Most sellers on /biz/ recommend to sell to a niche but I'm still not sure what I should sell yet.

And do you do the shipping yourself?
>>
>>1789202
pretty sure ur the guy asking the same thing in the other thread, but will answer here anyway

>What do you sell if you don't mind me asking?
i don't get why people even bother asking this, it should be obvious that info wont be shared. I'm here to teach you to fish, not hand you one.

>>1789202
by default *any* item is a niche item, a niche is just whatever specific category/categories any particular item belongs to

I'd assume whoever you've heard that from is thinking in the same way. (I'm typically one of the guys answering in ebay threads and is how I use the term)

now with that said, I always suggest newbies focus on niches related to direct hobbies of theirs in order to lessen the burden during learning periods. Keeping it fun and entertaining is a key element to help you stay the path and not give up, but as a byproduct doing this also makes it easier and faster to get past said learning phases due to you already being familiar with the market(s)

>>And do you do the shipping yourself?
I'm a one man operation, been expandding for a while now, intend to hire additional hands as needed, but as of now there's still plenty of room to grow before then. Once you get the hang of it there's a surprising amount of money to be made without even filling up a standard 8 hour shift.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.