[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do I make myself go from wasting all my time on the internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
So how do I make myself go from wasting all my time on the internet to working hard? I have a lot of free time that I waste.
>>
Leave. Don't come back.
>>
>>1780938
you can try r9k, they know better.
>>
Why would anyone want to work hard?
>>
Have something to work towards.

Do you want to earn enough money to become a financially independent perma-NEET?

Do you want to buy a gf?

Do you want to experience life in a cubicle or operate in a surgery or act as a tour guide at a museum?

What interests you, anon?
>>
>>1780938
only way ive found is the autistic desire to own expensive items. That forces me to look for employment.

otherwise im too depressed to give a fuck about software dev
>>
>>1780938
read up about habit formation, shit works

basic ideas:

consistency is more important than intensity for at least the first 6 months of a new habit, if not the first year. start at a very low intensity and focus on being extremely consistent. only increase your intensity if you can do so without damaging your consistency. (ex. reading, start with a minimum of one page every single day)

new activities should be inserted in the boundaries between existing activities. if you're in the middle of something (internet, tv, whatever) the chance that you're doing to stop and do something else is very low. (ex. reading, do it right after you wake up before you sit down at the computer)

reward yourself when you complete an activity, this will reinforce the habit in your mind and make it stronger and easier to keep. (ex. reading, eat breakfast after you finish your morning reading)

track your progress. i use loop habit tracker for this, but basically any tracker that rewards you for forward progress and doesn't overly punish you for the occasional lapse is good. (ex. reading, once you're done you get to check a box that says you finished reading for the day, and you can look at your habit strength and how much forward progress you've made)
>>
>>1780950
I would like to be independent. I work part time and go to community college but want to do only one of those things with independence. I also don't like school
>>
>>1781018
>habit tracker
God damnit I thought I had a new idea for an app, even researched on google for similar products. I didn't use the keywords "habit" or "tracker" so I saw nothing similar. At least my shitty app is better than these shitty apps.

Good advice btw thanks.
>>
>>1780938
delete 4chan
>>
>>1780938
Work smart not hard.
>>
>>1780938
You can use online courses for start. They have deadlines and teach you something you are interested in.

Also if you are a procrastinator do remember to set small goals in the begining.
>"I never study so today i will study all day today"
This is wrong and will only result in failure and frustration

>"I never study so i will do it for at least 30 minutes today, even if i dont learn anything"
This is the only right way and it will lead you to have a very sucessfull life, become a millionair, grow a bigger cock with harder erections and make anime real.

As you progress set harder goals. Dont worry too much if your study seems unproductive. As you continue to study not only you increase stamina and are able to do it for a longer time, but you also get better at it.
>>
>>1780938

leave 4chan
delete all social media if you are a normie
>>
>>1780938
I'm not your therapist, fuck off.
>>
>>1781210
This. I play Runescape all day in college and have a job for 70K lined up in June.
>>
>>1781958
good luck with that.
>>
>>1781018
>>1780950

You have everything you need to know in these two posts.
>>
>>1780950
>Do you want to buy a gf?

you can't do that, girls aren't property.
>>
>>1781958
Will you be able to play runescape all day at that 70k job?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.