[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you pass a psychological evaluation for a government

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3500x3500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3500x3500px
How the fuck do you pass a psychological evaluation for a government job? Is anyone familiar with the MMPI test? I have to take one in a couple weeks for a job but I'm always hearing about how people fail this shit for no reason
>>
It'll ask you the same question 5 times 5 different ways. True or false
Example questions:

I feel like everyone is out to get me t/f
I resent my mother t/f
I have a grudge against my mother t/f
I feel like I'm being watched t/f
My relationship with my mother was good t/f
I would like magazines about mechanics t/f
I would like magazines about gardening t/f
I hear voices t/f

Make sure you are consistent in your answers. Basically if you don't answer some stupid paranoid shit like I hear voices and I feel like everyone's out to get me you'll be fine.
>>
>>1776858
It seems so fucking easy. Why do so many people fail it?

Are there usually interviews that are part of the evaluation? Is that what fucks people over?
>>
Took the test, then met with the dr and she was like well this test can tell me everything I need to know about you to testify in court blah blah, asked me a few personal things you know fmaily, education, etc. Then well, congrats on getting accepted.
>>
>>1776858
So psychopaths can easily get in?
Makes sense, actually
>>
>>1776876
Where and when did you take it?
>>
>>1776924
Actually psychopathy is screened pretty easily.

The test itself is extremely well made, you'd be hard pressed to lie your way through it
>>
>>1776782
Oh god, this one. What a fucked up test.
Just don't overthink it, especially on questions like:
>Washington was a better president than Lincoln
>My father was a good man
>Small animals make me nervous
>>
>>1776950
I'm actually not even sure if the MMPI will be administered. Just assuming since I read that it's so common in psychological evals for jobs
>>
>>1776940

How do you screen for psychopathy with a simple true or false test?
>>
>>1776955
Well first of all it's NOT a simple test, retard.

"The psychopathic deviate test is scale 4 of ten primary scales on the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory"
>>
>>1776958
What
>>
>>1777772
That means it's a complex test dumbass.
>>
>>1776950
>Washington was a better president than Lincoln

Guess I'm a racist.
>>
>>1777802
If you agree with the statement then just say "true" and you'll be fine. If you second guess yourself and don't want to let the person administering the test know your true thoughts on the question then the test will show you lied and you'll look like a crazy person for not just answering your true thoughts on the question.
>>
>>1777804
>the test will show you lied
hardly i remember my military psych test.
it was abcde answers and i did answer them in that order a,b,c,d,e,a,b,c,d,e,... without thinking.
they totally bought it.
>>
The test absolutely can tell if you're lying or telling them what you think they want to hear. It tests for a wide variety of issues. A few years back i got a hold of the test and the software to score it. I took it for real and did a fake run through. it could tell the difference.
>>
File: 20170205_192923.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_192923.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Scoring sheet, dont remember all the abbreviations. Cant find the software or the book atm.
>>
>>1778273
Where's this from?
>>
Just wait until the NSA hands over your 4chan post log
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.