[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your endgame and how will you get there? >Wall Street/HF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0510.jpg (135KB, 1699x1130px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0510.jpg
135KB, 1699x1130px
What is your endgame and how will you get there?

>Wall Street/HF
>get internships from family friends in IB
>hs had internship program, already have a couple of years of experience from that
>use experience to gain entry into IB, where I build my network
>after 3-4 years, get job at HF and work my way up the ladder
>>
>live in the highest tax bracket
>be successful with 2 kids and a big house that's paid off
>2 vacations a year
>retire at 50 (or 40 if I work hard enough)
>send my kids to ivy league schools
>make sure they graduate without non meme degrees
>die of pancreatic cancer
All I want out of life
>>
The Presidency.

>Establish business
>Commission into military
>Get advanced degree while in
>Make high rank (6-10 years)
>Join the foreign service
>Make senior foreign service (7-8 years)
>Maybe run for Governor, Congress, or the Senate first
>Then, Presidency
>>
>>1776308
Cybersecurity job making >$80k

>start as IT bitch
>get more certs
>pay through college with minimal denbts
>do internships, hopefully the kind that turn into a job after graduation
>buy a nice used car, maybe a nice regular house if it seems like a mortgage won't fuck me over
>pay them off early
>live within/below my means and accumulate stealth wealth
>be able to travel without it being a major financial drain and always have good beer on hand
>once financially stable and done with all the fun stuff I can maybe ruin my life with kids or something

I don't think it's too much of a stretch.
>>
>>1776348
What all do you need to know in order to start at entry level IT? Is a CS degree only worth it if you are doing advanced training or want some kind of high paying private sector job?
I wanted to start my own cybersecurity firm but I have no clue on where to start
>>
>>1776348
Depending on your views towards the military and govt its pretty easy to be fast tracked into that.

Go look up "scholarship for service" and possibly look at Air Force and Army guard. A clearance and little bit of tech savvy will go far.
>>
>>1776308
become an immortal robot being

>study CS, major in AI, intern at google/IBM/similar (4 years)
>network aggressively with biotech/engineering people (do this over whole timeline)
>get job with google/tesla/similar, do well, request to be moved to projects relevant to the goal (5-10 years)
>spend next 20-30 years making comfy six figures whilst constantly working toward and researching the goal
>hope that before death humanity gets there technologically, and that the last few decades of careful job and life choices has landed me in the right field for transcendence
>>
>>1776353
"IT" is big so is "cybersecurity".

IT typically has a team of trained monkeys working the lower level stuff (think help desk) with a small group above them (the network and server guys you think are IT). In larger corporations the higher tier guys can be really specialized. Then their is auditing, compliance, security and the financial aspect of it.

You don't need to know dick to start at entry level but that won't necessarily get you very far for a career.

CS typically teaches programming. Some IT jobs focus on automating the shit out of things. These people need to know programming. These people will also eat your jobs.

Cybersecurity is weird. You can divide it into a couple types of things. Building (new tools, researching threats etc), monitoring (SOC monkey and forensics) and auditing (pen tests and compliance folk).

Politely, if you can't build security software, lead a SOC team or audit a corporation you should probably rethink "cybersecurity firm". If you don't have morals then you should start a cybersecurity training firm right now and start copy and pasting stuff from google searches into your courseware and start campaigning for HR to believe your certs are worthwhile. Make sure your certs say exactly what HR believes cybersecurity does. Make a "network ultradefender superman" and "Mr Robot style haxxor" cert and you should be good to rake in the dough.
>>
I want to die
I think I'm making good headway towards my goal.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.