[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What degree should I get biz? I was thinking Finance, Economics,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ayyy.jpg (34KB, 600x479px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
34KB, 600x479px
What degree should I get biz?
I was thinking Finance, Economics, Business/MBA.

What is you're opinion?
>>
>>1774741
Finance, Economics or a combo of the two. Minor in something statistics or compsci related.

t. Bill Gates
>>
>>1774741
Learn fucking Python and Excel, you could easily fall into a trap of doing frat parties and drunk and laid for 4 years in a Economic degree. Don't forget to have these skills.
>>
>>1774741
Assuming your uni offers both, go with finance, if not then econ and take as many finance courses as you can. A few classes in compsci is good too

>>1774955
The CS majors I know are so overworked they party hard every chance they get, I wouldnt say less than econ

definitely less than humanities majors though
>>
Whatever you do stay away from an M.B.A.. They're worthless.
>>
>>1774741
Just avoid STEM, OP. Now, I'm assuming you're asking us because you're looking to make money, so don't limit yourself like that. If you really enjoy something in the autism field like compsci or programming, etc. then maybe pick up a minor in it or something to help round yourself out.

You want:
>humanities/liberal arts
>finance
>marketing
>BLAW
Etc. Keep the STEM to a minimum, and don't emphasize it on an interview of resume. STEM is just trade school at a uni level. You'll be the one working a specific thing you're good at (just like a welder in a factory), but some kid who doesn't know how to do it is going to be your.boss.
>>
Guys I'm a high school senior and I want to go to UCSD (I'm 18, 1999 was 18 yrs ago) The only business major they have is international business, and they offer an economics major. No finance. If I get an MBA can I be qualified for almost any management job?
>>
>>1774741
I chose Business Studies and I wish I did Econ, I fucking hate assignments and second year is literally just Management assignments. Any of them can open up a lot of opportunities for you if you don't fuck around and do well though.
>>
>>1775571
>1999 was 18 yrs ago
what the fuck
>>
>>1775599
im doing econ and i have multiple assignments every week, mostly they are kind of fun though
>>
>>1775571
>1999 was 18 yrs ago
holy shit

But seriously dude If I were you I'd go to UC Santa Barbara and do financial mathematics, job opps in finance related fields are probably gonna be the same at the two if not better at SB and you dont have to deal with all that fucking concrete and lack of social life at SD (yes its in la jolla but the campus itself is shit). MBA doesn't qualify you for shit without previous experience and even then you need to find one thats actually worth the cost and effort.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.