[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a spare £300,000. It's in a building society

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: sterling to USD.png (17KB, 670x236px) Image search: [Google]
sterling to USD.png
17KB, 670x236px
I've got a spare £300,000.
It's in a building society account as they give better interest than the banks. So it's safe.
But I want to invest it. I have property; it's my home and I won't sell it. I don't think of it as an asset. I've paid off the mortgage. My home is valued at £200,000.
I don't know where to start with investments. I have no debt. I'll give my daughter a couple of grand. She's 18 and is going to university in Autumn. My son is 8 years old and I'm putting coin aside for him.

But I have all this money. And don't know how to invest it. I don't want to fuck up and gamble it on stocks and shares. Any advice?
>>
First of all, not all of your saving are safe as they are. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme will only compensate you up to 85,000 per account. Obviously the bank would have to go under for that to happen but it's worth being aware of. You would need 2 or 3 bank accounts to protect all your current savings. But also bear in mind that if the rate of interest you're earning on your savings isn't beating the current level of inflation then your savings are slowly being eroded. The inflation rate right now is pretty low though.

You have quite a lot of savings and it might well be worth talking to an financial advisor to help you out. Personally I quite enjoy managing my own money, the little I have anyway. It can be pretty exciting investing and earning good returns on your money. I'm right at the point where I'm about to start managing my money by actively trading too.

Just starting learning about investing and slowly over time you'll know a lot more than you ever thought you would.

Or pay someone else to do it for you. They'll love it, make bank on it and compensate you for it too.
>>
>>1770869
Either put your money into a low-risk portfolio or start a bussiness
>>
>>1770869

Buy commercial real estate in a well situated area, rent it out. Much less problems than renting to individuals and good money
>>
>>1770869
Trade all in XGTI today and you will double it by tommorow.

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/XGTI
>>
sell your house
>>
>>1770869

You can put £60,000 into an ISA in 13 months, using 3 years of allowance

March 2017 £20k
April 2017 £20k
May 2018 £20k

You can contribute something like £120k to a SIPP because of back dated contribution rules, and you get even more tax relief if you're a higher rate tax payer

I would do something like this (assuming your advanced age)

33% Vanguard Total US market
33% Vanguard FTSE 250
33% bond fund
>>
I am currently doing market analysis for stock and typically investing in a diverse portfolio or even just putting money into the DOW30 stocks you will always get out on top

It is not a gamble because of diversification - if some stocks lose you money the rest will typically make it back for you

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EDJI

Look at the MAX or any other time interval you will see even if it goes down A LOT like after 0708 it will go back up if you just hold - fundamental investing requires that you are able to mentally combat not selling at a low point and you should be good
>>
buy bitcoin? it's "the future" apparently lol wait a couple years and perhaps you'll be a millionaire. find a good investment company maybe a few let them invest for you? buy a property rent it out, buy a dilapidated place do it up sell it for a profit? and then reinvest the money and do it again.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.