[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't want to buy stocks to speculate and do trading.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1480454907825.jpg (14KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1480454907825.jpg
14KB, 221x246px
I don't want to buy stocks to speculate and do trading. I just want to earn dividends.
What's the minimum amount to start with and what are the best options?
>>
>>1767977
Get robinhood, buy CEFL,MORL,MRRL,CLM. With those big monthly dividend payers buy WHLR.

Thank me later

The reason why i say robinhood is because you can reinvest the dividends with no commission getting in the way allowing you to start with lower amounts of capital.
>>
>>1767977
$3000 is basically the minimum. REITS and MLPs offer great divy,
>>
>>1767977
Just go all in on a penny stock. Dinosaur investing will only make you rich at 60.
>>
>>1767977
Absolute minimum is actually fairly low. Like 100 dollars a month but they will then hold you to that amount monthly until you reach the actual threshold. Usually it is a DRIP stock and have to follow their rules or broker they prefer. You can also buy them directly on Robinhood and then they just dump all the dividends into your account, if you are in the US of course for Robinhood access.

If you want a list of dividend stocks to pick, just read the million of suggested websites and pick a yield you want to aim for. I don't recommend anything over 10% as that usually means there may be some bad fundamentals in the company or there is trouble brewing.

A safe yield is something like 2-5%, with pricer or less safe yields at 6-10%.
>>
>>1767988
>robinhood
it seems great
not available in my country unfortunately

I was reading on Dividend Reinvestment Plans just now

>>1767989
good, I have enough and more
>>
>>1768068
If you live in some dystopia non-USA country, you don't have REITs or MLPs. Canadians have similar financial structures, called (lol) Canadian Investment Trusts.

Don't worry about commission fees if you buy dividend stocks, you're holding for the long term. You don't need RB, any brokerage through whoever you bank with is fine.

Utility companies, water, power, ect, no matter what awful country you live in are sure bets if you just want dividends. Especially water. Water is going to be really important in the next few decades.
>>
>>1767977
look into covered calls
>>
File: Screenshot_20170131-113320.png (637KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170131-113320.png
637KB, 1440x2560px
Buy geron
>>
>>1767989
go with reits. vnq was 8.6% dividend last year, plus like 2-3% gain in price. although im cautious towards investing anymore into vnq right now.

that medical reit, i think it was like gmre, looks promising
>>
>>1768314
I'm in for 2000$
>>
GM yield close to 5% per year.
Amazing stock. (I have no position)
>>
>>1768011
>Dinosaur investing will only make you rich at 60
Lol. Ok, keep telling yourself that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.