[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my father decided to start a business in providing product

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (919KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
919KB, 2592x1936px
So my father decided to start a business in providing product for really anybody who's trying to buy, but mainly for agriculture professions. So far we got lighting fixture, disposable gloves, industrial grade fans, milk filters, and disinfectant teat wipes for cows. My thing is that I feel like it's a waist in going to a bunch of the places all over just to tell people of your product and more than likely not getting a customer because a lot of these farmers are loyal to their suppliers. I know we are more fairly cheaper than a lot of these main suppliers too. I just need help in finding a way of having these guys come to me rather than me going to them.
>>
>>1764870

> Good business model
> Need customers

Sounds like your dad is half right. You do need to knock on some doors and try to get customers that way. Also, farmers stick together so if you can sell one, there is a good chance his farmer friends will fall like dominos.

But on the other side, you should probably do some advertising. Radio or TV both might be worth it. Any way you can get the email addresses of the farmers? Send them a mass email.

You gotta find a way to get your pitch in the ears of farmers: "Farming supplies at lower prices than you are used to"
>>
>>1764870
Don't sweat it anon, soon your product will sell itself. Those same retarded farmers cucked themselves by voting for trump. YFW trump puts 20% tax on imports from Mexico, yfw majority of imports from mexico are farming equipment and the like. Soon you'll be able to name any price you want with the massive amount of stress that will be put on the farming economy
>>
Where is the website. I want to see your lighting fixtures and fan prices.
>>
>>1764870
>I feel like it's a waist
Well, you won't know untill you do it. Now shut up and go visit those business
>>
I'm not in sales so I don't have a definitive answer, but I have friends in sales so I hear the stories...is enticing people away from their suppliers via pricing not THE most common way to get customers?

Especially since you're talking about commodity products....brand loyalty for commodities is way behind price and functionality when it comes to making a buying decision. I mean who has loyalty to a fuckin teat wipe company? Loyalty to suppliers is another thing but again, that's where price, functionality, and relationship building will come into play.

Are you just scared about having to cold call people? You aren't going to attract customers en-masse for niche commodity products without cold calling and getting your foot in the door.

Cold calling isn't a waste even if you don't sell immediately, because getting face to face with customers to *assess their needs* will be key to having a good offering for the future. There's more to selling than acting like a travelling merchant in Zelda who just offers 3 products and who you can't talk to...it's a two-way process: you need to know what they think of the main suppliers, what products aren't up to par, what they're willing to spend more/less on, etc etc etc, and then you need to adapt to these market demands.

Just bite the bullet and cold call... companies are used to sales agents calling all the time. It's hard...I know amazing sales people who said they used to literally puke before going into their first clients, but it pays off. It'll be good for you, seriously.
>>
no money in that. sell houses.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.