[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would you absolutely need to find a co-founder to start a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why would you absolutely need to find a co-founder to start a startup ?

I've got an idea on which I'm working on. The project will be out in a few months. If it works, I'll have enough money to hire some employees in order to do the work I'm doing right now, while I would work to develop the business.

But what a co-founder would be useful for, except taking 50% of my shit ?
>>
>>1763188
>But what a co-founder would be useful for
Keeping the company alive after you're hit by a bus. Which is pretty important for investors.
>>
>>1763188
>Taking 50% of your shit.

You need a co-founder to give your company backbone.

Alone, you have $2500, 1set of hands, one mind, and can do a limited amount of stuff.

With a co-founder, (A good co-founder) you have $5000, an extra set of hands, and can do twice as much.

A leader is just another person if no one is fallowing him.
>>
>>1763188
Is it a tech company?
If yes, do you want another technically competent founder or someone who has "business" experience?

Do you know here to find a co-founder?
It can be quite challenging to find someone who actually WANTS to work, trust me, been there done that.

AMA you want
>>
>>1763188

Don't have a partner. It's almost never a good idea.

A ship has one captain. A country has one president.

And 90% of new companies need one founder.
>>
>>1763822
Tell that to investors you retard
>>
>>1763925

Most businesses do not require investors.

The ones that do obviously need partners, but it's a neccesity not a choice.
>>
>>1763925
Which investors? And are you so blind that you have to work by this "template" of needing a cofounder? No investor will invest in you I'll tell ya, with that attitude. You don't even have success yet, what do you need some "founder insurance" on(for investors).
Investors don't fuck with your vision, bitch ass nigga don't know shit and calling others retards. You must work on your own strong points, if that is by being sole leader. So be it.
I suggest you learn more about yourself first and be more independent AND learn about the venture capital business. You could easily be taken advantage of, I can feel it. Business is business, faggot.
This is like the business equivalent of being a cuck. You come up with the plan and shit and someone else rides along.
>>
>>1763982
>>1763989
Useless to debate the value of a co-founder without knowing what the fuck the project is and how competent OP is.
So many dynamics involved, you guys are playing guessing games.
>>
>>1763818
Yep, it is.

I'm not saying that I'm looking for a co-founder, even though I'd want sometimes to give some of my work to someone. I'm doing the front-end AND the back-end (I have all the required programming skills).

I don't know anyone who would be helpful, useful to me, and that's kind of sad. I was thinking about developing the business not as a "startup", but as a simple company. I don't need investors for the moment and if it works I won't neither. I don't want to be dependent on someone's money, and often VCs only decide if a startup will live or not. That's not what I want.

In fact, my anxiety is about the administrative, legal part. Registering the corporation, these things. I'd need someone like a lawyer, but I can't afford one and I don't think I could find an associate at a law school easily (plus the fact that students have no experience).
>>
>>1764912

I've been in your position a couple of times (tech solo founder, co-founder)

YMMV but in my experience co-founder is invaluable, even if they have no meaningful skills to provide, as long as they have the right mindset. Hear me out:

1. As other anon said, it makes you look more legit. This of debatable value but it's true nonetheless.
2. When you're really not feeling it, having someone else to keep the momentum going psychologically is really helpful. You've having a shitty day, can't focus on work and your bro texts you for opinion on a new UI design or something. Instant motivation.
3. You're a developer, you've heard of rubber ducky programming, surely you can imagine how that applies to biz dev with your cofounder bro

Is it worth 50% of your business? up to you. But 50% of $0 is $0 and your cofounder can make your 50% worth more than $0
>>
>>1763188
make a prototype
present to 100 people
see all the chinese replicas one week later
at least you tried and helped those fucking yellow midgets make some money.
>>
Jeff bezos didn't have a co-founder.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.