[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is going all in on MSCI World stupid? I want to save 500 bucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: worldstock1.jpg (26KB, 708x456px) Image search: [Google]
worldstock1.jpg
26KB, 708x456px
Is going all in on MSCI World stupid? I want to save 500 bucks a months for 10-20 years and have not much knowledge of the stock market and don't want to give much effort into it eg watching charts every day. And no I don't want Emerging Markets.
>>
Go long VTI
>>
>>1763063
if you have the patience not to pull out your investment if its performing bad at the moment or pull it out cause you need cash quickly on hand then yes its a good idea
>>
>>1763068
Not available in my country

>>1763069
Yes I only save what I can afford
>>
>>1763073
What country?
>>
>>1763075
Germany
>>
iitttts a tipp11!!!!!!!
>>
>>1763063
Is there a way I can access the FSE as a foreigner? Would I need to open an account with a German bank?
>>
Yes it is stupid.

Put 25% into US large cap, 25% into US mid cap, 25% US Small cap and 25% into emerging markets. You want to avoid Europe and Japan.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170129-121510.jpg (1MB, 1407x2272px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170129-121510.jpg
1MB, 1407x2272px
Yes it's stupid, please do yourself a favor op. Go on Google. Type in benjamin graham guru analysis.

Benjamin graham was the MENTOR of legendary investor warren buffet. Their strategy is called "value investing." This strategy is objectively the most time tested of all time. You can find stocks that are graded favorably based on their strategies. I personally think WDR is very good.

There should be a link where it says "like benjamin graham value investing? Click here for more ideas." Those are great picks
>>
>>1763111
>>1763196
Well I appreciate your input a lot. The problem is everything except msci, s&p 500, eurostoxx and dax is pretty expensive in all brokers that are available to me. I would love to build up an own strategy but I feel like it's stupid because I know jack shit about the market and the fees are too high to do something on my own that will probably fail. Also I'm a bit too lazy to manage it all of the time. Is it worth the effort for just some 0.%?
>>
Don't listen to the plebs in this thread. Buying a world ETF is the best decision you can make. You take part in global growth.
>>
>>1763063
No, it's not stupid. It makes sense - if you know you aren't going to spend hours researching specific sectors/companies it is probably the most efficient way to invest.
>>
>>1763230
Look into "degiro"

Online execution-only broker from netherlands with full BaFin allowance. No account fee, no management fee, very low transactional fees to buy/sell shares/ETFs/etc. and you can trade on way more than just xetra.
>>
>>1763076
http://www.etf.com/Equity_U_S_Total_Market
You should be able to buy SCHB I think.
>>
>>1763422
But they don't have a Sparplan and Versteuerung is harder for broker outside of Germany
>>
File: 1410023582136.jpg (57KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1410023582136.jpg
57KB, 360x360px
>2017
>not mixing in 30%-40% MSCI EM
>>
File: Screenshot_20170129-222157.jpg (283KB, 1397x1514px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170129-222157.jpg
283KB, 1397x1514px
>>1763230
Don't listen to that idiot about "degiro."

You see this graph? Just look at how much value there is. It's very oversold with very little debt and an OBSCENE amount of cash in its power....the dividend alone is 10% (usually that's not good because if a company pays too much then it won't sustain share price but this firm has so much cash it will sustain dividend payout for years) meaning if you put 100k, and compound your dividends every quarter for 10 years you'll make the 100k back ALONE JUST ON DIVIDENDS IN 10 YEARS, and even this is wrong because they are compounded...meaning it will actually be bigger than what my example led you to believe)....that's not even including your capital gains WHEN the stock goes up!!!

Study value investing, it's the greatest strategy of all time....the only hard thing about it is just waiting 10 years.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.