[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can a company make billions of dollars in revenue but not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Lorrain.seaport.jpg (618KB, 1089x818px) Image search: [Google]
Lorrain.seaport.jpg
618KB, 1089x818px
How can a company make billions of dollars in revenue but not have a wikipedia page
>>
By having very few clients and no marketing.
>>
>>1762304
by selling to businesses and governments.
>>
>>1762304
By being a company in the 16th century
>>
>>1762353
pretty hard to make a billion back then laddy
>>
>>1762358
I'm speaking in hypothetical dollars, so no its not that hard
>>
>>1762304
By being some weird shell or holding company to some other entity.

One stock I hold has 90% of it's shares tied up into these shell companies that are privately owned, generate no revenue and are basically owned by the company itself. MLPs are weird. So they make 100% profits in terms of millions but have no wikipedia page.
>>
>>1762393

That doesn't seem like it's productive in any way

yet you expect to get money from them...
>>
>>1762439
I make all kinds of money from them, which is why I hold their stock.

Rationale being they are basically a private company that is required by law to be publicly traded and to offer 10% of their shares to retail investors, for tax purposes. 7.67% annual dividends andd has increased steadily. Zero debt, 90% profit margins, nah I'm okay with that.
>>
>>1762393
you mean like the double irish dutch sandwich which gives starbucks a net revenue of $13
>>
>>1762445

yeah but that's not productive

and it probably isn't very satisfying getting paid for (((that)))
>>
>>1762445
List plz
>>
>>1762315
this
>>
>>1762483

I pay enough attention to industry so that I can think of many big companies that don't sell to consumers

The companies that I had in mind when I made this thread were semiconductor fabs
>>
>>1762462
WPT

>>1762454
No idea what you're getting at.
>>
>>1762494

you're getting paid but producing no value

you're a jew m8
>>
>>1762304
What company are you talking about?
Stuff like that fascinates me, it's my goal, being able to make billions without being in the spotlight in any way.
>>
>>1762501
I'm investing in a company, funding it's progress. That's valuable, if it wasn't I wouldn't be compensated for it.

What kind of totalitarian shithole do you come from where capital can't be used to turn a profit?
>>
>>1762304
by not being attention whores or hire attention whores for their PR division.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.