[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I act like a leader? It's so stupid how companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: durr rick.jpg (17KB, 267x315px) Image search: [Google]
durr rick.jpg
17KB, 267x315px
How do I act like a leader?
It's so stupid how companies always ask for "leadership qualities". Well you know what, not everyone is meant to be a leader. I don't understand this shit. I don't have any experiences to prove I am a leader anyway.
>>
>have leadership skills
>they don't pick me to be leader
>>
>>1762169

I think the actual question is are you fit for management?

Which means can you tell people what to do without them resenting you for it.

So, can you?
>>
>>1762169
initiative fag

just show them you have initiative
>>
>>1762169

if you're athletic just put "captain of basketball/football team"
>>
>>1762169
One thing I noticed leaders do is that they are straight to the point and very informative when I ask them a question. They know what's important and what's not and they talk like their shit don't stink, because if you know your business, it doesn't.
>>
>>1762169
>taking initiative
>working harder/expecting less
>servant leadership
>servant leadership
And let me say it one more time...
>servant leadership

You want your guys to feel like they're helping you get something done, not taking orders. This isn't the Army, you don't have legal power over them. You can always take measures into your own hands later if someone isn't cooperating. However, you can tell someone to do something, but you can also ask them. Give them a chance to not feel like they're being bossed around, chances are that they'll help out and be great, but give them the chance to help you, THEN look at discipline and/or having a serious conversation.

The key here is to make your boys feel like they're helping you out because you already bust your ass all day. If you can pull that off, then the next t time the fuck up, miss a deadline, etc. Instead of being afraid they're going to get yelled at/chewed out, they'll feel bad because they disappointed you.

That's how you build good relationships and a dependable team in the workplace, OP. And guess what...it's not hard, you don't necessarily need "leadership skills," a lot of it boils down to just not being an ass.
>>
>>1762169
yall know its betta to be beta
am i rite?
>>
>>1762270
this seems to be on the right track.

Years ago, when I was in Retail Management we used to take on the ideal that we were to Coach, Develop and Mentor our teams for 'greatness'.

Easiest way to do so is to always ask the question "Why?". Never correct, but lead your team to arrive at the answer to improve on their own. Avoid negatives unless it is genuine feedback. Lead them through the thought process and get them to reach the conclusion you desire on their own.

Its manipulation of behaviour for a result effectively.

The other thing is my 3 A's. Autonomy - Ability to work on your own and make decisions. Authority - Have the ability to make the decision without a need for management and Accountability - Being responsible for your decisions. Work on building your teams up to live the 3 A's. It builds ownership, ownership encourages performance and maintains engagement.

These 3 have managed to get me promoted and moved around for years.

Leadership makes people want to drive your business in the direction you want to go in and appear effortless in its application. Work out how you can apply that thinking to what you are going to do and its easy.
>>
>>1762169
Don't apply then faggot. Less competition for me.
>>
Just know every function of the people you command better than they do.
You can guide everyone in a better direction because you have more knowledge than them therefore they trust you as a guide.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.