[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>please create an account >please link your LinkedIn >please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>please create an account
>please link your LinkedIn
>please upload your resume
>now please manually fill out every line of you work/education history
>Please type in a bunch of information that has nothing to do at all with your ability to do this job (name/contact of all supervisors, addresses of employers, meaningless cover letter)

Online applications and ATS have destroyed my will to live.
>>
>>1760355
literally been doing this now for 2 years straight

love this meme
>>
>>1760357
when I mean love I mean has sucked the life out of my and I have no more will to live
>>
>>1760360

ATS needs to die.
>>
>>1760434
What is ATS?

Haven't applied for a job in 6 years but I remember how much this shit sucked.
>>
>tfw got a job a month after graduation after submitting only 12 resumes
>>
>>1760437
>>1760437

Applicant Tracking Systems

It is the system into which you are entering data when you fill out your electronic applications. Allows the business to go through and search the data.

ATS has essentially turned HR departments into bots that just do keyword searches on resumes rather than actually interacting with applicants and reviewing their hard/soft skills.
>>
>>1760451
i applied to a large defense contractor as woman several weeks ago after applying to them for years. Got a pre interview screening a week later.

Then they locked my account because I think they found out I was larping as a female.

I already called a lawyer, and he's looking into it. Playing gender identity to my favor.
>>
>>1760355
Stop wasting your time. Applying for desirable jobs online will get you nowhere. The people who get these jobs already know someone at the company who will vouch for them. Spend more time networking and less time going through this online application bullshit. Make a personal connection with someone who will get your resume to the top of the stack.
>>
>>1760482
how to network ?
>>
>>1760355

I hate filling out job applications even when I upload my resume. This is the only way I can get money though so I have to keep applying.

I put down the least amount of information I can though. I know these fucks are selling my information to people.
>>
>>1760355
This. When I was jobless, Online applications destroyed me. Its the SAME. EXACT. INFORMATION. every single time.
WHY ISNT THERE A STANDARD FORM SITE THAT SERVES ALL PLACES, just enter one application, send it everywhere.
How hard is that?
>>
>>1760519
If you went to college and live near where you went to college, start there. Check in with the career center and see what resources that have available for alumni. Find associations or trade groups in your area that are relevant to the industry you want to work in. See if they have lunches or social events that you can go to as a non member.
>>
>>1760593
>what resources that have available for alumni.

Generally jack shit.
>>
>job listed on website that allows you to send a resume saved to the website
>click on listed job
>instead of letting me use my saved resume I have to upload a pdf resume for no reason
>after creating on account for their bullshit proprietary application software from DickFuck Software Solutions
>every single employer manages to use a different software that requires a new account
>then it has me enter in every single thing I have listed on my resume in an online application form
>trying to be clever, their proprietary software scans my resume and tries to prefill out the form and gets it wrong every single time
>then it asks me to answer 8 pages of questions like "agree or disagree, it's good to listen to your boss"
>asks me five seperate times if I'm a felon, if I'm legally allowed to work in the united states and if I would pass a randomly provided drug test
>asks for highest level of education, and there's no option for still in college, it's either "high school diploma" or "associates degree", no in between

Fuck it, I'm just going to employ myself, I'm tired of jumping through fucking hoops for maybe the opportunity that a potential employer will grace me with their consideration. These incompetent tie-wearing drone fucks can blow me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.