[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying something out with options, but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Black Scholes Equation.png (5KB, 305x50px) Image search: [Google]
Black Scholes Equation.png
5KB, 305x50px
I'm trying something out with options, but I don't know what to make of this.

What I think I want is to end up with S = ...
Where S is the price of the stock. The endgoal here is for me to find the price of the stock where I have to "drop" the option based on the option price and cut my losses. Does anyone have any idea what to do? Or is /sci/ a better place to ask?
>>
>>1758770
youre asking for s to be alone?
>>
>>1758770
ask /sci/
>>
American or European options?
Calls?
Puts?
Are you deriving a new put-call parity equation for us, anon? Omg ty
>>
>>1758771
That's what I'm asking, but if there's a better way than figuring out what to do with this thing to jiggle the option price around and getting a stock price out of it for a given option, I'd also like to hear about that.

>>1758778
American style puts, although now that I just said this I might be looking at the wrong equation. Is there something else I should be using?
>>
http://www.physics.uci.edu/~silverma/bseqn/bs/node5.html
>>
>>1758770
What are those
Have you tried differentiating under the integral
>>
>>1758770

>heston w/ jumps is better
>>
so u mean setting a stoploss based only on delta and not theta?
>>
>>1758770
Ummm implying the option price can't move when the stock price doesn't move.

Option prices can move on implied volatility alone. Just watch option prices right before a stock announces earnings.
>>
Wait, just realized I'm retarded and there are much easier ways to do this. I didn't see an options thread here, so it can be a general options thread now, if you want.
>>
>>1759132
Or you could just delete it...
>>
>>1758770
Babby's first college econ class?
>>
>>1758770
Are you sure that is a fucking economics formula?

Because that seems alot like thermodynamics formula (which i cant remember the exact name of it)

S would be entropy if that was physics formula
>>
>>1759579
that's black stokes bruh
>>
>>1759579
black Scholes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.