[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /sales/ here? What are your tips and tricks? My job is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Hired_crop380w.jpg (30KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
Hired_crop380w.jpg
30KB, 380x250px
Who /sales/ here?

What are your tips and tricks?

My job is essentially sales, people come to me for a service and my job is essentially to build up the value of that service than quote them a price which is entirely at my discretion. I'm still kinda new and have had the problem where I quote some people way too low and others way too high.
>>
Hey I have been in direct/phone sales for quite some time now.

Here is a quick summary of my system which can be applied to almost all sales.

System

First I start with the 3's 5's and 8's

3s - Steps to the INTRO
Smile - Eye Contact - Enthusiasm

abr. SEE

5's - Presentation
Intro
Short Summary/Story
Presentation - these two are the pitch - so basically the problem / solution you provide
Close - get the money
Preserve/Rehash - keep the money and get more

abr. isPCP

8's Effective Work Habits
Positive Attitude
Attitude Management/Maintenance
Be on Time
Be Prepared
Work a FULL day
Work your territory correctly
Know your GOAL
Take Control

abr. PABBWWKT - pronounced pABBWorkout

People have impulses - figure out which impulses for each person and USE them

Sense of Urgency - instill the customer with the feeling that they must buy TODAY!

Jones Effect - Using the fact that thousands of the people in their community have purchased - they should not be left off

Fear of Loss - Making them feel they will miss out if they do not purchase -
This one is particularly effective when used with other so give them a good deal tell them that others have bought it and there is a limited supply - if they don't want the deal now it will cost them more in the future - It is important to note that you must be willing to walk away from a potential sale in order to back up that this a good deal and that others will simply want it - puts the pressure on them

Greed - Appeal to their sense of control and Money

Indifference - Use a CALM tone - NEVER surrender control : VERY IMPORTANT

Guilt - obvious

there are obviously others but you can simply look into behavioral studies to see the different impulses - keep in mind some of them can get quite complex

LAW of AVERAGES
Most, if not all, sales is about NUMBERS - the more opportunities taken the more likelihood of a sale.

Would you like me to continue? - I have quite a few more tips but this is a good start.
>>
One of the things that is important for you in particular - sorry I just read your full post AFTER I posted mine.

The most important aspect is KNOWING your WORTH.
My father had the same issue being an independent electrical contractor - sometimes he would under-quote people but not make as much BUT have a lot of work.

I told him just charge more you are worth more than 50 an hour - one day he got back to me and said you know you were right - he started charging 70/80 an hour AND surprise surprise all of a sudden he had MORE customers because people felt that because he charged more that he would do a better job than some schmuck charging 40/50 an hour - and they would be more satisfied with the service.

Keep in mind you most likely have to build an established brand for yourself first - once you have a good name then you can service a different stratum of people who are willing to pay more and usually are more relaxed about things.

Think about you getting a service -
if you pay 40 an hour for an electrician you might expect him to be very busy because he is cheap and therefore his work might be lower quality.
Whereas if you are paying 80 an hour for the same person - you expect him to be an artisan in the field, he knows he can get away with that price because he wouldn't charge it otherwise if he couldn't - you also have less worries about theft or any accidents/mistakes because he will surely take his time to ensure the best possible job at that price level.
>>
>>1756933
>sell benefits not features
>explain full scope of service before telling them anything about price, but tell them immediately after explaining the service so they don't get irritated like you're dodging the question
>don't be a "how are the wife and kids" suck up faggot, people can smell that from a mile away
>set realistic goals every day
>>
>>1756933
Also I would like to point out that ESSENTIALLY every job is /sales/.

That instagram post from fatbootybitch about some greenfittea that's sales, how the cashier asked if you wanted a bag for 5 cents - sales, all sales.

That guy telling you about how he made his company 50k in a month only to come back to you three months later for a referral to work at your company - SALES - he sold you what he did - even if it wasn't true - and you bought it and gave him the referral!
>>
>>1757105
>>don't be a "how are the wife and kids" suck up faggot, people can smell that from a mile away
>This is a good point to make - MAKE SURE that you are genuine - when I ask about how someone is doing - in that moment I actually care about them I offer advice - I ask if I could do anything to help - sometimes if I know they won't buy I will offer advice/help and start walking away w/o asking what they will do for me - those people will typically ask me to tell them about what I am selling
>>
>>1757105
>sell benefits not features
>> not always - this is a rookie sales move
>some people don't buy from a PERSON because they like the features - they buy because they LIKE you - people like people who are like themselves

If they liked the features - they would have bought it online already and not bothered to deal with people
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.